SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

I may take my 2 grandsons to a UND football game - they are 8 & 10 but NDSU Fans- very into sports & want to go to a UND game - both are Hockey players (& go to most Sioux games) & very very good at Hockey both play Football 

Is there a game that should be special as far as good game & good crowd ?

I want them to want to go again

2 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I may take my 2 grandsons to a UND football game - they are 8 & 10 but NDSU Fans- very into sports & want to go to a UND game - both are Hockey players (& go to most Sioux games) & very very good at Hockey both play Football 

USD and NAU

24 minutes ago, Fetch said:

4 PM on Saturday, September 17. It will be the 51st annual Potato Bowl versus the University of South Dakota and the home opener. Expect a lot of excitement and a real nice crowd. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

4 PM on Saturday, September 17. It will be the 51st annual Potato Bowl versus the University of South Dakota and the home opener. Expect a lot of excitement and a real nice crowd. 

Come early and visit the North Dakota Potato Growers tailgating site - free stuffed baked potatoes. 

4 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Not really.  Gave a good effort and all under the circumstances but his punting was not nearly adequate enough for FCS level football.

I meant -- He was a good last-minute fill-in given we thought we had Meindel. I never said he was remotely all-Big Sky or even close. I stand by that.

2 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Also looks like a couple kids that would have been RS Freshmen are gone - Kemuel Denny and Brock Shaide.  Can't remember if those were known or not.

I seem to recall a quick blurb on Denny hanging it up last spring and I noticed Shaide wasn't on the Big Sky Kick-Off guide roster, either.

50 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Sounds like Isaiah Secrest will not be joining the team, but that should be the only Freshman not coming in.  

Makes Cammeron McKinney a bit more of a get/need.  (the 2017 commit, burner from Washington)

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2016 at 5:07 PM, Hambone said:

heard it from two separate sources that are close to the program.  Would love it if the information is wrong....

I heard it as well , I just refuse to post credible information on this site anymore. Too many people jump down your throat for it, just not worth it anymore.

2 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

Rules from new Texas football coach...

KZvT7tX.png

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so decided to put it here.

his favorite movie must be Coach Carter, but if I was a talented recruit who had my choice of schools why would I pick  a school with a list like this. I get the point but let's get real.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Csonked Out said:

his favorite movie must be Coach Carter, but if I was a talented recruit who had my choice of schools why would I pick  a school with a list like this. I get the point but let's get real.

Maybe this coach should have applied for the Army coaching job? Or VMI?

The kind of athletes Texas will recruit and sign are athletes who usually are holding multiple scholarship offers in their hands. If you go all boot camp like this, you risk losing athletes to rival schools. And in FBS, if you don't win, at some point you will be fired. Having a bunch of 4.0 GPA's or community service work will not prevent that from happening.

• Upvote 1