SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

11 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Not sure where all this talk about Grady no longer with the program is coming from.  As of this past week, he was enrolled in school, had an apartment and was participating workouts.  

heard it from two separate sources that are close to the program.  Would love it if the information is wrong....

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Not sure where all this talk about Grady no longer with the program is coming from.  As of this past week, he was enrolled in school, had an apartment and was participating workouts.  

where is his apartment...i will settle this tonight.

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

With a restraining order?

ill give him the speech that ben affleck gave matt damon at the end of good will hunting about having the golden ticket and being too much of a pussy to cash it in...then i'll wake up at altru tomorrow and log on here to see if he shows up at camp.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ill give him the speech that ben affleck gave matt damon at the end of good will hunting about having the golden ticket and being too much of a pussy to cash it in...then i'll wake up at altru tomorrow and log on here to see if he shows up at camp.

wicked smaht gif.gif

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Good point. But I will believe Grady is done for good when I hear it from Bubba himself.

Personally I love what Bubba is doing here. Will Grady be back, will he not. Oh he's back on the roster ... Now he is gone! Guy is a genius, he has the whole Big Sky guessing and confused. What a mastermind!

Seriously though, losing Grady blows, but if he can't be committed after multiple chances .... the goodbye. I personally hopes he figures it out, sounds like he has had a rough time, but to be on the team you still need to be committed. Good luck to the kid, whether it is in a UND uniform or not.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Depression is nothing to scoff at. If he's struggling with it or something similar to it that could really explain the way this past year has unfolded for him and some of the choices he's made that to people on the outside seem ill-advised. I hope that whatever help he needs he gets.

Yeah, I hadn't read the depression piece until after my last post. I do wish the kid the best, hopefully he  finds the right way to cope with it. I still hope he can stay, but if not ... best of luck to him, as long as he isn't at NDSU ;)

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Depression is nothing to scoff at. If he's struggling with it or something similar to it that could really explain the way this past year has unfolded for him and some of the choices he's made that to people on the outside seem ill-advised. I hope that whatever help he needs he gets.

I agree and hope the best for Elijah.

Earlier in this thread, the reservation was to blame and in some ways so was Grady.

None of us knows what's really going on here, so it seems prudent to be careful about our assumptions.

That said, I don't see any of this as meaning he's definitely out. Am I wrong?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shep said:

Earlier in this thread, the reservation was to blame and in some ways so was Grady.

None of us knows what's really going on here, so it seems prudent to be careful about our assumptions.

That said, I don't see any of this as meaning he's definitely out. Am I wrong?

That is the point I was making earlier. We don't know until we all know.

The players are all people . . . with lives . . . not just guys with numbers on their helmets.  I hope that each and every guy on that team can keep it together.

And from what I know of Bubba, those that may have some issues have some good support there if they need / want it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 77iceman said:

The players are all people . . . with lives . . . not just guys with numbers on their helmets.  I hope that each and every guy on that team can keep it together.

And from what I know of Bubba, those that may have some issues have some good support there if they need / want it.

Well said 77