SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

Interesting schedule this year, after the initial back to back on the road then we alternate home and away each week, with no bye week until the end of the season.  Will be interesting to see how that last week ends up with us sitting and watching while most of the rest of the conference is still playing.  Hopefully we'll have a playoff spot secured by then and won't have to be too nervous that last week.  Will be tough going through the conference season without a bye, but could bode well getting that week of rest prior to playoffs if we have some healing to do.

37 minutes ago, UND1992 said:

Interesting schedule this year, after the initial back to back on the road then we alternate home and away each week, with no bye week until the end of the season.  Will be interesting to see how that last week ends up with us sitting and watching while most of the rest of the conference is still playing.  Hopefully we'll have a playoff spot secured by then and won't have to be too nervous that last week.  Will be tough going through the conference season without a bye, but could bode well getting that week of rest prior to playoffs if we have some healing to do.

Once we are undefeated heading into the bye week, the only thing we'll be watching is the team's bumps and bruises healing up before our home playoff game! ;) haha

56 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Undefeated season would give us back to back bye weeks.  They only thing we would have to worry about is rust with all that time off.

Have to agree with that.  3 weeks off without competition for competitive young men seems like a long time!

However, I like the idea if we make the playoffs without a seed. 

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Charleston Southern, Deleware State, Farris State, Prarie View A&M, Incarnate Word, St. Fracis, Robert Morris, and Lafayette. You're right, they ain't scared.

Kind of hard on your own conference aren't you? There have been an awful lot of BSC teams on NDSU's non-conference schedule lately, including all 3 last year. I know they aren't Drake, Stony Brook, Bob Morris, Univ of Sioux Falls, SD School of Mines, etc.  and K-State, Univ of Minn, Iowa , etc. aren't BGSU, Wyoming, SJSU, etc. but not everybody can have as challenging a non-conference schedule as UND. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Kind of hard on your own conference aren't you? There have been an awful lot of BSC teams on NDSU's non-conference schedule lately, including all 3 last year. I know they aren't Drake, Stony Brook, Bob Morris, Univ of Sioux Falls, SD School of Mines, etc.  and K-State, Univ of Minn, Iowa , etc. aren't BGSU, Wyoming, SJSU, etc. but not everybody can have as challenging a non-conference schedule as UND. 

Are you OK?   Read further back and you will see the context.

Can you add something to a thread without it being full of smack every time?  Getting old.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Charleston Southern, Deleware State, Farris State, Prarie View A&M, Incarnate Word, St. Fracis, Robert Morris, and Lafayette. You're right, they ain't scared.

What is the context? Maybe you can explain it to me?

11 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

NAU quarterback looks a little frail in the photo.  Hopefully he scrambles up the middle in Reyes's direction.

Exactly......I'm looking forward to hopefully the NAU game being for all of the conference marbles and the NAU QB needing an extra long ice bath after the game. 

• Upvote 1

People debate the TV packages that UND, the Big Sky, and the NCHC have all the time. But when it comes down to it Midco is a great partner to have in the athletic department's corner. They spend a lot of time, money and resources helping to promote UND. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

What is the context? Maybe you can explain it to me?

He was actually responding to my compliment of NDSU's non-conference scheduling. Just putting it in perspective that while NDSU schedule many tough games, there are certainly some softies sprinkled in there ...similar to many programs.

Originally the conversation stemmed from scheduling your non-conf games to match your style of play, which is just not always feasible.

On 7/20/2016 at 10:40 AM, dakotadan said:

People debate the TV packages that UND, the Big Sky, and the NCHC have all the time. But when it comes down to it Midco is a great partner to have in the athletic department's corner. They spend a lot of time, money and resources helping to promote UND. 

Here is the youtube link, they do a great job: 

Although, I could go without all the MVFC rhetoric.