SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Hakstol Leaving to Coach NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Ray77

As long as Guentzel doesn't bring the "Minnesotans only" rule, I'd be happy to have him. Eades and Hastings would also be solid. Hopefully Berry has what it takes to step up.

Ha the roster is heading that way as we speak along with the nodak kids with few Canucks sprinkled in. He shifted recruiting last few years big time

Posted these names in the other thread. UNDs open record search could stop some candidates from applying..... remember the football search. 

Top Choices

Dave Tippett Why don't we steal one back from the NHL? 

Enrico Blasi ( I know this guy doesn't have UND connections but he is a fantastic coach. Not sure if he could be taken from Miami but Faison should give him a call.)

Sandelin

Jackson

Berry

Next Tier

Eades

Blais (Not sure how many years he has left)

Darkhorses

Frank Serratore

Mike Hastings

Gwoz

Mike Eaves

I would NEVER want Mike Eaves to be a part of this program. That would be pretty much the worst move UND could ever make. I don't think this name should even be thrown around as a joke.

• Upvote 3

Posted these names in the other thread. UNDs open record search could stop some candidates from applying..... remember the football search. 

Top Choices

Dave Tippett Why don't we steal one back from the NHL? 

Enrico Blasi ( I know this guy doesn't have UND connections but he is a fantastic coach. Not sure if he could be taken from Miami but Faison should give him a call.)

Sandelin

Jackson

Berry

Next Tier

Eades

Blais (Not sure how many years he has left)

Darkhorses

Frank Serratore

Mike Hastings

Gwoz

Mike Eaves

Not going to pretend there aren't a hundred reasons why UND is a better job than Miami, but as far as I can tell Hackstol and Rico were making basically the exact same salary last year (300k + incentives) just don't see him leaving his alma mater and everything he's built for another college program and the same $$$.

My thoughts exactly. I don't hate it. It's definitely the most stable pick.

Agreed, not an exciting pick, but it makes sense, and the guys certainly has experience. I always liked Hak, but I do hope that with a new coach we can get a new look on the powerplay, because I always though that was one area where Haks system struggled.

We'll see, should be an interesting week or so, until they make an annoncement.

Blais recommended Hak when he left - I wonder who Hak has recommended?

I was just typing this same thing.  Hak had to give a recommendation, Berry would be an easy transition for the program. 

Not going to pretend there aren't a hundred reasons why UND is a better job than Miami, but as far as I can tell Hackstol and Rico were making basically the exact same salary last year (300k + incentives) just don't see him leaving his alma mater and everything he's built for another college program and the same $$$.

Agreed, I think Blasi likes where he is, unless there was a substantial offer on the table. I just don't even see this as an option.

Agreed, not an exciting pick, but it makes sense, and the guys certainly has experience. I always liked Hak, but I do hope that with a new coach we can get a new look on the powerplay, because I always though that was one area where Haks system struggled.

We'll see, should be an interesting week or so, until they make an annoncement.

Take a guess who was in charge of the PP?

• Upvote 1

I like the Berry pick keeps things nice and stable. Hopefully Jackson will be back with him and it will be interesting to see who they go after for the other assistant spot.

Agreed, I really hope and would expect Jackson to stay on; but who will be the new assistant?