SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Hakstol Leaving to Coach NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Ray77

The Flyers Cup drought continues for the foreseeable future. Philly is one of the harshest media sports markets around. Good luck.

And now that he's gone, folks will STILL find something to b*tch about...Would Hak taking the job in Edmonton or Buffalo made you happier?

• Upvote 1

@Buccigross: North Dakota players had no idea their coach was leaving. Found out on Twitter. Shocked. But, they'll get another good coach. #lotsofthem

Don't like this at all but that seems to be the way that everybody found out.

So who has already signed their letters of intent, and who hasn't.  I know Minnesota is in need of a defenseman for next year, and wouldn't hesitate at contacting Shaw if he hasn't already signed. 

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Are you joking?  You always tell the team first, at least through text, phone the captains, or something.  Always. 

Every coach who has bolted and not told the team first has gotten ripped.  At all levels.

So who has already signed their letters of intent, and who hasn't.  I know Minnesota is in need of a defenseman for next year, and wouldn't hesitate at contacting Shaw if he hasn't already signed. 

I'm more concerned about the CHL, where LOIs don't matter.

You have to think Hak is taking Jackson and Berry with him.?.

He needs assistants who have coached in the NHL Recently. I imagine he will have a pretty good selection of guys to choose from.

I would like to see Hastings, Sandy, Gwoz or Berry named as his replacement. I just don't see Jackson as a head coach.

Great reflection on the strength of UND's hockey program - all the hand-wringing about recruits jumping and players leaving - gotta say that is somewhat insulting to the players and to the program. 

• Upvote 1

Really.......why is that?  Just curious.

Just a hunch.  No inside information.  I just think the move will be to maintain consistency, especially with regards to the new recruits, and I believe Berry came back for this opportunity.

Are you joking? You always tell the team first, at least through text, phone the captains, or something. Always.

Every coach who has bolted and not told the team first has gotten ripped. At all levels.

Hak has a team meeting and lets everyone know that he's looking at an NHL job, someone leaks that all over Twitter about 30 seconds later. Then he doesn't get an NHL offer and everyone's furious anyways because he even interviewed, which means he's only half-interested in staying in GF.
  • Upvote 1