SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Hakstol Leaving to Coach NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Ray77

Just playing devils advocate: how long ago did faison know seems really quick to have a coach resign at what 830 and the new one is going to be introduced at 1.

Well, someone on here (Trunorth I think) knew 2 days ago.

Just playing devils advocate: how long ago did faison know seems really quick to have a coach resign at what 830 and the new one is going to be introduced at 1.

Took 45+ days for BF to sort thru things and hire Bubba but 45 minutes to pull the trigger on Berry.

Yup........makes perfect sense.

Great post from a flyers fan on hfboards

Dirty but Good

So Parks-VandeVelde-Hextall first line then?

[Reply]

Hope Hak enjoys that philly media and fan base. Always entertaining! Best luck to Hak.

Berry it's your team now! Just want to make sure recruits are all in then let's go!!!

• Upvote 1

Shows how out of touch gfhockey is. Not only was Hak leaving a shock to him and the GOBC, but they're ready to announce Berry as the new HC today and you had no clue on any of it. You guys are still calling potential coaches, and Faison already has his replacement. It's like the tail is chasing the dog with you GOBC'ers.

Great post!

Took 45+ days for BF to sort thru things and hire Bubba but 45 minutes to pull the trigger on Berry.

Difference is one program was on a run of which was as bad as it's ever been, the other was one game short of the national title game. Berry keeps things stable.

• Upvote 1

Its not that strange ... Very different circumstances

-We fired the last football coach, not going to want to retain too many from that staff that was abysmal.

-Hakstol resigned for a better opportunity, had a great staff in place, and a readily available candidate that offers consistency to players, recruits and fans.

Obviously they did not make a snap decision this morning. We just hearing the news this morning, but this has likely been a behind the scenes process. Berry probably isn't the exciting pick, but it is a good pick that makes sense. I liked the idea of Sandelin, but this work for me. Alot of people didn't like that Hakstol pick 11 years ago, and that seemed to work out. Coaches are extremely important, but players play the game; and we have a damn good roster for next season.

Go Sioux!

Difference is one program was on a run of which was as bad as it's ever been, the other was one game short of the national title game. Berry keeps things stable.

Stable = No Nattys.   gfhockey doesn't want that!!

@SchlossmanGF: Per @chnews, Dave Hakstol is the first coach to go straight from NCAA to NHL head coach since Herb Brooks in 1987.

@SchlossmanGF: The tiny town of Warburg, Alberta, now has two NHL head coaches in Dave Hakstol (Flyers) and Lindy Ruff (Stars).

Shows how out of touch gfhockey is.  Not only was Hak leaving a shock to him and the GOBC, but they're ready to announce Berry as the new HC today and you had no clue on any of it.  You guys are still calling potential coaches, and Faison already has his replacement.  It's like the tail is chasing the dog with you GOBC'ers.

Did anyone ever believe there was a GOBC anyways. This is stuff made up in the oilfields and in someones head.

Agreed, I really hope and would expect Jackson to stay on; but who will be the new assistant?

Should be a lot of options. If they look outside of UND connections I wouldn't mind going after Mark Osiecki. If they look for someone with UND ties there would be lots of directions they could go but maybe a little bit of a surprise name would be EGF head coach Tyler Palmiscino.

Good luck to Hak and to Berry. My hope is this was all set up over the last few days not the last few hours. Brad is a seemless transition that will put the current and future players more at ease, but is it worth it in the long run? Time will tell if this was the right move or not but moves like this are the status quo for UND. We are very inbred when it comes to hiring hockey and football coaches.

• Upvote 1