SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

get ready for an entire season of 'pop passes' and 'jam time '

Huh? I honestly don't ever remember Starman saying either of these phrases...

But the reason I think Starman is great is because he obviously does a ton of hw on teams and knows stuff that many of our fans don't even know about our teams.

Huh? I honestly don't ever remember Starman saying either of these phrases...

But the reason I think Starman is great is because he obviously does a ton of hw on teams and knows stuff that many of our fans don't even know about our teams.

I forget what game it was, but it was around Christmas time. I had just defended Starman saying he wasn't that bad, and then he went off for a period on pop passes (I think it was passing it off the goalie) and "jam time". Used 'em a ton. 

Minor league stuff. Bad deal from the get go and many know it. 

At least anyone who can talk on camera without thinking much will be an upgrade over kober. Just wasn't his thing at all. Not his fault but just brutal at that job. 

• Upvote 1

Now that's just a stupid, ignorant comment from someone who knows nothing about broadcasting.

OK, so educate me.  How is it stupid to assume that, if the controlling broadcaster waits until two weeks before the season starts, that the subordinate broadcaster would no longer be able to pick up games in the short term, because their schedule is already locked down in large part?  Please explain.

Last season, Fox had very few games until the second half, so my assumption was that they had to wait until the schedule was released, and then it took some time to get games on TV.

UND was a major driver to create the NCHC, so those of us that think the TV deal was rotten for UND are critical of it.  If the deal does not cause less games to be televised nationally than before the deal, I'd sure like to know why games are not on cable.

Edited by OETKB
  • Upvote 4

OK, so educate me.  How is it stupid to assume that, if the controlling broadcaster waits until two weeks before the season starts, that the subordinate broadcaster would no longer be able to pick up games in the short term, because their schedule is already locked down in large part?  Please explain.

Last season, Fox had very few games until the second half, so my assumption was that they had to wait until the schedule was released, and then it took some time to get games on TV.

UND was a major driver to create the NCHC, so those of us that think the TV deal was rotten for UND are critical of it.  If the deal does not cause less games to be televised nationally than before the deal, I'd sure like to know why games are not on cable.

Agree with you 100%; it is amazing that some people think that the NCHC television deal is beyond reproach and cannot ever be criticized for any reason whatsoever. ???:silly:

Originally the reason games were taken off FCS is because of the CBSSN deal. Now a lot of the reason has to do with Midcontinent as mentioned in other posts.

Such simpler times when it was WDAZ/Fighting Sioux Sports Network broadcasting the games and FCS was able to pick up their feed. If only they got with the times and made the necessary equipment upgrades. Still remember the days of no PP clock!

I agree, this TV deal doesn't feel like what the NCHC, the premier conference in the nation, should have. But I want to switch gears a little and ask what you all think will Sanderson's role be on this year's team? Does he sit in the stands most games like the rest of his career or does he step up like a senior and provide some leadership? Also if he does step up who does he beat out?

I wonder who Schlossman was talking about when he said, "Some of the guys people assume will be out, have looked pretty good".  

guys assumed out:

Gardner/Janatuinen (sp) ?

Sanderson

Gornall

Chartrand

I'm curious who sits between Shaw and Wolanin.  D has more lefties than righties too

Edited by AlphaMikeFoxtrot
accidental line breaks