SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

More than half? Are you sure lol?

4 Seniors....  Drake, Chyz, Saint, Sanderson

I could only come up with 6 POTENTIAL players that would leave. Some may stay.... Schmaltz, LJ (I think he stays), Pooly (I think he stays), Boeser (stays), Keaton and Stecher....

We have 26 players. This is at most 10 players gone. Not a chance we lose that many.

That being said, we will lose some and they will be significant losses.

LaDue is all but 100% gone after this year, I'm sure Ausmus will have opportunities as well.

The biggest problem is that we could potentially have 4 freshman defenseman for 16-17, 3 of which will play significantly.

Edited by as15

I think he has a big season this year. He's a big fast, strong forward that plays the game at 100 MPH.

Agreed.  He has that grinder mentality that could fit on one of the top two lines.  He does have offensive skill, he simply needs to find some consistency.  Put him out there with Schmaltz and Johnson.  Let Caggs play with Boeser and maybe Chyzk to start the year.

Agreed.  He has that grinder mentality that could fit on one of the top two lines.  He does have offensive skill, he simply needs to find some consistency.  Put him out there with Schmaltz and Johnson.  Let Caggs play with Boeser and maybe Chyzk to start the year.

I like those lines.  Others may disagree, but I like it when Jewels and Bryn play together - both play with a lot of speed and will go hit anyone on the ice, even those twice their size.  Seems to give opposing teams fits.

I loved the way he played last year. I called their line the POGO line, they came hard and fast at the opposition. It was fun watching the other teams try and contain their forecheck. 

I don't disagree, but my point was that we won't lose half our players. We'll have plenty of talented players coming back.

I don't either, he'll be gone when the season is over. No way L.A. lets him slip through the cracks. 

I agree that Pogo has top six potential.  However, his NHL ceiling is bottom six, and I think it makes sense to play to that- our third line gets major minutes, and they could put up big numbers.  Other teams do not have a Chyzyk or a Pogo on their third lines. This is how we win.

That said, I would not be disappointed if there is chemistry with say a top line of LJ, Jewels and Pogo

I always like having a talented second line that is "protected" in other words, put the youngsters out together and let them develop aka Boesser, Schmaltz and Gersich

you could easily swap Wilkie and Pogo as chemistry develops

I agree that Pogo has top six potential.  However, his NHL ceiling is bottom six, and I think it makes sense to play to that- our third line gets major minutes, and they could put up big numbers.  Other teams do not have a Chyzyk or a Pogo on their third lines. This is how we win.

That said, I would not be disappointed if there is chemistry with say a top line of LJ, Jewels and Pogo

I always like having a talented second line that is "protected" in other words, put the youngsters out together and let them develop aka Boesser, Schmaltz and Gersich

you could easily swap Wilkie and Pogo as chemistry develops

I am not discounting anything you posted, but I would temper expectations with Wilkie and Gersich.  Yes, they could be solid freshman but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them went through a learning curve phase.  I am expecting a guy like Chyzk to put it together this year.  He has shown brief flashes of being decent however his consistency hasn't been there.  He plays hard, plays solid D, and has a good shot.  To start the year I would like to see him play top 6 minutes.  Between Gersich and Wilkie, Gersich may be more likely to succeed in his first year of college hockey because of his motor.  I could see Wilkie taking slightly longer.

More than half? Are you sure lol?

4 Seniors....  Drake, Chyz, Saint, Sanderson

I could only come up with 7 POTENTIAL players that would leave. Some may stay.... Schmaltz, LaDue, LJ (I think he stays), Pooly (I think he stays), Boeser (stays), Keaton and Stecher....

We have 26 players. This is at most 10 players gone. Not a chance we lose that many.

That being said, we will lose some and they will be significant losses.

I wouldnt be surprised if Stecher, Pooly, Keaton and LaDue, maybe even Ausmus leave after this next season. Not sure about Ausmus but I thought all the others got contract offers

I wouldnt be surprised if Stecher, Pooly, Keaton and LaDue, maybe even Ausmus leave after this next season. Not sure about Ausmus but I thought all the others got contract offers

I don't think Gage did, but it sounds like all the others did.

Sure, I wouldn't be surprised with any of those, either. Pooly is going back to D this year, so we'll see what happens with him. I don't think Stecher goes, despite all the offers he got this past year. Nothing there but my opinion. Ausmus, I just don't see it. He's kind of a dime a dozen... average size, great and responsible D, low offensive upside.

I think Keaton and Duey go.

An helmet pics of the goalies or pads yet? I know tomeks was posted once few months ago and was very cool looking. Any major or minor jersey/uniform changes for those in the know this year or all the same ol dull jerseys? 

An helmet pics of the goalies or pads yet? I know tomeks was posted once few months ago and was very cool looking. Any major or minor jersey/uniform changes for those in the know this year or all the same ol dull jerseys? 

i think it would be cool if they put the round logo that sais University of North Dakota Hockey on the front of the jersey

I  seen these hanging up in the equipment room when I was on a tour last week. :D:D ( . Y . )

hockey.jpg

So if I read this correctly, starting on January 1 for conference games, the NCHC is applying the Minnesota State High School League jersey rules (i.e: darks at home)

http://www.nchchockey.com/news_article/show/544544?referrer_id=878553

This is so dumb, I wish the NHL would stop doing this crap with the white jerseys on the road and the dark jerseys at home.

Edited by cberkas

Also interesting to see the implementation of 3 on 3 OT prior to the shootout.  I think depth will really play a factor in OT games.

As will offensive defenseman.  UND could throw out one forward and two D and be just as offensive minded as some teams throwing out two forwards.

Also interesting to see the implementation of 3 on 3 OT prior to the shootout.  I think depth will really play a factor in OT games.

So OT will be 4 on 4, then a session with 3 on 3, and if necessary a shootout.  Why not just have a hardest shot competition?