SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

Ever since 3x3 was legislated out of the normal run of play, I have missed it.  (Rules changes designed to prevent the team trailing from getting the benefit of 3x3 ... etc etc)

I have some fabulous memories of 3x3 play including a Dec 1981 goal James Patrick scored to win it in Minnesota.  Best birthday present ever.

I think its a good step forward.  if it means fewer shootouts all the better. 

http://thehockeywriters.com/chicago-blackhawks-top-10-prospects-5-through-1/?ref=yfp

This is the worst assessment of Nick Schmaltz I have ever read.  Literally, the worst.  The writer is positive when writing about Schmaltz but his assessment of the type of player he is could not be further from accurate.

You are right,that is so terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'd think so. Kober got a lot of heat from us on here, but I enjoyed him. Sure, he wasn't the most articulate guy, but he was funny and has plenty of knowledge.

I'll replace him, but I have demands. 1) I get to do play by play during the second. I think I'll get bored doing color the whole time. 2) food vouchers... pretty much anything I want. We're gonna go through some nachos, no olives or the deal is off. 3) I'll keep it off camera, but it's good luck if I have a dacqueri. I don't even really like them, but it's the principal of the thing. I'm not sure it will hurt performance. 4) My elite hockey insight can leave something to be desired, so when I compensate by just making up words, I want zero sass.

• Upvote 1

I'll replace him, but I have demands. 1) I get to do play by play during the second. I think I'll get bored doing color the whole time. 2) food vouchers... pretty much anything I want. We're gonna go through some nachos, no olives or the deal is off. 3) I'll keep it off camera, but it's good luck if I have a dacqueri. I don't even really like them, but it's the principal of the thing. I'm not sure it will hurt performance. 4) My elite hockey insight can leave something to be desired, so when I compensate by just making up words, I want zero sass.

Suuuuureee.... you don't like them. It's ok... froo froo drinks are ok for manly men every once in awhile ;)

• Upvote 1

Yeah, we're going to have to go ahead and agree to disagree on that Stone :)

Hahaha don't get me wrong, he's not my favorite, I just don't think of him when I think of bad color commentators. Barry Melrose comes to mind... Trent Dilfer last night on MNF... oof... Cris Collinsworth... there's another... I like Kober. He feels like "one of us" :)

Suuuuureee.... you don't like them. It's ok... froo froo drinks are ok for manly men every once in awhile ;)

I like the mango one (I think that's it)... somehow the black cherry one is the lucky one. I love black cherry stuff usually, but not in Ralph Dacqueri's. I have to respect the magic of the Dac-trick.

• Upvote 1

I like the mango one (I think that's it)... somehow the black cherry one is the lucky one. I love black cherry stuff usually, but not in Ralph Dacqueri's. I have to respect the magic of the Dac-trick.

I sure do. What's that adage? It's only stupid if it doesn't work, right? :) I'm on board.

InHeavenThereIsNoBeer knows plenty about froo froo drinks. You're in good company.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha don't get me wrong, he's not my favorite, I just don't think of him when I think of bad color commentators. Barry Melrose comes to mind... Trent Dilfer last night on MNF... oof... Cris Collinsworth... there's another... I like Kober. He feels like "one of us" :)

There's a lot of guys that are "one of us" that I'd prefer don't color commentate... myself included.

I'd love to hear you do color!

Actually, there's a good chance you legitimately do not remember what I am referring to haha :D

Pretty sure I'd be kicked off the air within the 1st period :)

And yes... I legitimately do not remember. I've been told it happened but if my mind has no memory of drinking said drink, did said drink really get drunk?

Pretty sure I'd be kicked off the air within the 1st period :)

And yes... I legitimately do not remember. I've been told it happened but if my mind has no memory of drinking said drink, did said drink really get drunk?

I helped, as well as many others, but yes, it was completed hahaha.

OK, OK, I'll replace Kober. 

I even already have previously qualified for an Federal Communications Commission Third Class Radiotelephone Operators Permit with a broadcast endorsement. (For those of you who know what that is and what that means, yes, I was in the radio industry back when that was required of on-air AM or FM broadcasters. That requirement has since gone away.) 

Edited by The Sicatoka
  • Upvote 1

OK, OK, I'll replace Kober. 

I even already have previously qualified for an Federal Communications Commission Third Class Radiotelephone Operators Permit with a broadcast endorsement. (For those of you who know what that is and what that means, yes, I was in the radio industry back when that was required of on-air AM or FM broadcasters. That requirement has since gone away.) 

I had one too - taking tower readings back in the '80s. 

He was kind of fun along side Hammer, but my god--a cliche' machine. 

If I was the color commentator, I can promise you I wouldn't use cliches. I would put in the work ahead of time and prepare the right way. I wouldn't just go in there and fly by the seat of my pants. I'd give it my 110% every night and wouldn't just take the easy way out. I'd dig deep for thoughtful analysis. I'd try to eliminate any mental mistakes. If I had a rough call, I'd make sure to turn it up a notch and step up to show I belong at that level. One thing that's for sure, I'd take advantage of my opportunities (as color commentator).

• Upvote 1

If I was the color commentator, I can promise you I wouldn't use cliches. I would put in the work ahead of time and prepare the right way. I wouldn't just go in there and fly by the seat of my pants. I'd give it my 110% every night and wouldn't just take the easy way out. I'd dig deep for thoughtful analysis. I'd try to eliminate any mental mistakes. If I had a rough call, I'd make sure to turn it up a notch and step up to show I belong at that level. One thing that's for sure, I'd take advantage of my opportunities (as color commentator).

While reading your post the first person that comes to mind is Dave Starman.