SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

We're all expecting the defense to tend to the business at hand until the forwards acclimate and the goaltending establishes itself (see: 43:19). 

This means we'll have freshman scoring in droves, lights-out goaltending, and shaky defense, to start the season. :D 

• Upvote 1

The first half of the season is going to be brutal. 20 games before Christmas of which 13 are on the road. We start with 6 non-conference games, 5 on the road. Then play the Number 11 (Miami- at home) , Number 17 (St Cloud- away), Number 5 (Denver- at home) and Number 2 (Duluth- away). Throw in away games at CC and Michigan State and home games against Wisconsin and you have an extremely tough schedule. Along with a new coach, new goalie, and 10 freshmen what are the odds we come out of the first 20 games  above .500?

Being realistic, I'm expecting us to be at a 9-11 record before Jan. 1. With enough non-conference losses to keep us out of the NCAAs unless we win the NCHC tourney or are unbeatable the second half of the season.

How USCHO could rank us at Number 4 in the country when bringing in 10 freshmen is beyond me. We need to hope for an Omaha like season like they had last year where their freshmen led them in scoring and they got great goaltending from a returning player that was so-so earlier.

I am still really looking forward to this season with so many unknowns besides our D.

Wait....what? We have an absolute opposite prediction of this season, can't wait to see who is more accurate. Have you done any reading on the talent coming in? The studs with experience on D. Goalie is a ? But what I have read about Tomek, no worries...

I cant wait for this to start. 

We're all expecting the defense to tend to the business at hand until the forwards acclimate and the goaltending establishes itself (see: 43:19). 

This means we'll have freshman scoring in droves, lights-out goaltending, and shaky defense, to start the season. :D 

i don't doubt that

I just hope we don't let the Beavers take one from us early again

Ouch, they made it sound like it wasn't too long-term.

I guess not.

So St. Clair out for the first half of the season. Always crappy to get that kind of news before the season even officially starts. 

He's gotta be bummed. Always liked the energy St. Clair brought when he is on the ice.

13 Mike Gornall
16 Brock Boeser
18 Chris Wilkie
19 Shane Gersich
21 Danys Chartrand
22 Rhett Gardner
24 Christian Wolanin
25 Joel Janatuinen
28 Hayden Shaw
31 Matej Tomek

A few notes about the numbers:

• None of the returning players changed numbers.
  • Goalies continue to stay away from No. 1. The last to wear it was Jean-Philippe Lamoureux in 2007-08.
  • Now that Wade Murphy has left, No. 7 is blank. Murphy was the first player to wear No. 7 and not be an All-American since the mid-90s. Travis Roche, Brandon Bochenski, T.J. Oshie and Danny Kristo wore it consecutively.
  • The only players who will be wearing the same number as they did last season are Gardner and Shaw. Many of the others wore 30 or higher, which UND doesn’t do.
- See more at: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/#sthash.EYpNUWtu.dpuf

I'm begining to wonder about the actual start date of Tomek, I'd guess it comes down to when he had the surgery, and where he has been doing rehab.

"He's doing rehab every day, coach Berry said." "He's doing some on-ice stuff by himself with Karl G.  He's doing the things that he needs to do. Hopefully, he will be back in the next few weeks." 

Edited by Goon

I just watched Through These Doors, great episode talking about Brad Berry. I know we say this pretty much every year but I have a good feeling about this team. Something feels different about them. Maybe it's the fact that I thought the fresh looked really good last Saturday and we might have a player that was hyped up about in Boeser and can maybe actually deliver. This team just feels good to me! GO SIOUX!!!

I just watched Through These Doors, great episode talking about Brad Berry. I know we say this pretty much every year but I have a good feeling about this team. Something feels different about them. Maybe it's the fact that I thought the fresh looked really good last Saturday and we might have a player that was hyped up about in Boeser and can maybe actually deliver. This team just feels good to me! GO SIOUX!!!

He'll deliver...name the last #1 pick forward for us that didn't deliver...you can't count JT Miller who didn't show up...

Oshie, Toews, Parise, Stafford, Zajac...all had pretty solid individual and team performances

He'll deliver...name the last #1 pick forward for us that didn't deliver...you can't count JT Miller who didn't show up...

Oshie, Toews, Parise, Stafford, Zajac...all had pretty solid individual and team performances

Joe Finley,   ooops just noticed you are looking at forwards

Edited by 90siouxfan