SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 season

Frozen4sioux

The 87 Fighting Sioux team had the best rocord i thought, 40-8-1

I doubt it's even close, even excluding Cornell's undefeated season.  Dryden won 76 of 81 games he started at Cornell, which is hard to believe.   A close friend of mine, who grew up on upstate NY and attended Cornell, wasn't even much of a hockey fan but got to see all of Dryden's career at Cornell.  When I asked him whatg it was like to be there for that historic run, he said that everybody just assumed they would win every game they played.     

In the four-year span beginning with the 66-67 season, Cornel lost a total of 5 games and tied one. They went 27-1-1; 27-2-0; 27-2-0; and 29-0.

North Dakota defeated Cornell in the 1968 NCAA semi-finals. That was Cornell's 2nd loss that season - they did win the consolation game, which was still played in those days.

The Big Red lost to Denver in the 1969 NCAA championship game by a score of 4-3.

Pretty impressive four-year run: 4 Frozen Fours, 3 title game appearances, 2 national championships.

I noticed Murphy hasn't landed anywhere yet?

Maybe he will give it a think and decide to come back and give it the old college try. Maybe he could come back after xmas or even next year.  I was really liking how he was playing the game the last month of the season.  His positioning and tenacity were noticeable he had good instincts and got to good spots but it seemed he just couldn't get that first one to go.  I realize that as fans we don't have the whole picture but the man scored 70 points two years ago in the BCHL(That is more than Jost!).

Maybe he could go work for Frattin's dad for the fall then come back in January.  ha! 

Maybe he will give it a think and decide to come back and give it the old college try. Maybe he could come back after xmas or even next year. I was really liking how he was playing the game the last month of the season. His positioning and tenacity were noticeable he had good instincts and got to good spots but it seemed he just couldn't get that first one to go. I realize that as fans we don't have the whole picture but the man scored 70 points two years ago in the BCHL(That is more than Jost!).

Maybe he could go work for Frattin's dad for the fall then come back in January. ha!

He did have a decent amount of points his 18 and 19 year old years. However the comparison with Jost is a little apple and oranges as Jost didn't turn 17 until this past March I believe. There is some skill in the BCHL however it is not a very deep league like the USHL.

Maybe he will give it a think and decide to come back and give it the old college try. Maybe he could come back after xmas or even next year. I was really liking how he was playing the game the last month of the season. His positioning and tenacity were noticeable he had good instincts and got to good spots but it seemed he just couldn't get that first one to go. I realize that as fans we don't have the whole picture but the man scored 70 points two years ago in the BCHL(That is more than Jost!).

Maybe he could go work for Frattin's dad for the fall then come back in January. ha!

No comparison between the two. Sure he did score 70 which is the most baffling part of why he scored as many goals as you. Jost is considered a to 10-15 player in the world in the 2016 class. It didn't work for murphy. It happens. He couldnt score even when givin a alley oop dunk a couple times. He was last or next to on the depth chart this year. Best luck to him wherever he lands and hope he has some success!

I'd love to call Wade Murphy "Wes Dorey 2.0" but Murphy doesn't even deserve that level of credit based on performance. 

I trust Murphy will land where it makes most sense to him. 

I think you're right. Didn't Wes score 99 points during his career at UND?