SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

You're right.

Go undefeated at home, beating the likes of Idaho State and Montana State, and win a big one on the road, with opportunities at Wyoming, Fargo, and Montana, would go a long, long way towards recognition.

UND made steps in the right direction last season, but they didn't have a significant win. Get those in 2015, and respect will come.

Exactly. Certainly hope this team lives up to the hype, because it could be a really fun year, especially with defense.

I want to believe we will be much improved and win more games. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. But, I will not be surprised either way. There were times last year that we looked bad - sometimes very bad. I expect that we will be a better team this year but don't know how many wins that will mean. Injuries is the biggest unknown. From what I have read here, we need more depth in most positions. Fun times ahead!

I think the times that I remember us being very bad last year --worse than I expected -- were against Mo. State, So. Utah and EWU. I think injuries and lack of depth in the latter two games played a huge role. But those are the breaks.

I want to believe we will be much improved and win more games. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. But, I will not be surprised either way. There were times last year that we looked bad - sometimes very bad. I expect that we will be a better team this year but don't know how many wins that will mean. Injuries is the biggest unknown. From what I have read here, we need more depth in most positions. Fun times ahead!

I-want-to-believe-X-Files-UFO.jpg

I could see a 4,5 win season and the same amount of conference wins... worse case

best case, if everything clicks... 8-3 and 7-1 conference record :bigsmile:

Breaking down the schedule into 3 tiers

Likely wins:  UC Davis, Drake, UNC, @PSU

Toss ups: MSU, @ Weber, ISU, @ Poly

Likely losses: @ Wyo, @ Mont, @ NDSU

My bell-weather game for the season will be the homecoming game at ISU.  I think we go into that game 3-2 and 2-0 in the BSC.  If we win it, I can see it turning into a 7 win season.  If not, more like a 5 win season.  Out of the likely losses, I see Montana as the best bet to steal.  Weber is a toss up due to the events of last season.  PSU will be the toughest of the likely win group (since it is on the road). 

Can't wait to check out some practices in a few weeks.

*Edit: Yes it is the same thing I said last year... I do not care!

My prediction for this year is 6-5 overall record, although I'm hoping for 7-4.  I think those that think we will go 8-3 are living in lala land.  Doesn't mean I don't hope we do, but it's just not going to happen.  6-5 would give us a winning record, even though it's not what we want....I think it is the most realistic.  But I really want to win some big games this year and have a shot at 7-4. 

Exactly. Certainly hope this team lives up to the hype, because it could be a really fun year, especially with defense.

just wondering who is "hyping" the team most expextations I have seen are for continued improvement..this is just year two of Bubba Ball.

I got my 3 tickets for the Potato Bowl, I am actually glad at what I saw on the ticketmaster webpage for ticket availability. Not too many seats left. Of course most of the tickets out there are close to the endzones, but as you move towards the 30 they are gone.

I got my 3 tickets for the Potato Bowl, I am actually glad at what I saw on the ticketmaster webpage for ticket availability. Not too many seats left. Of course most of the tickets out there are close to the endzones, but as you move towards the 30 they are gone.

was that the case for all home games or are you just referring to potato bowl?