SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

Well how did you miss Santiago.  lol

yeah no doubt ... He started taking reps at RB late dye to injuries.  I never thiujht it would stick this far. I saw him more in the slot or only on returning duties. 

Edited by Teeder11

Wow!  Interesting....... Some I like... some I question, but that's the way it goes.  When just taking the two-deeps into account, I was a dismal 64 percent correct (18/28, counting special teamers) on the offensive side of the ball -- or a D- on a big curve.  I faired better on the offensive side, with 18/22 correct for 82 percent -- or a B- on a curve.  :D

Edited by Teeder11

And Miller is going to be fresh, coming off an injury. I have not gotten to see much of him this fall camp due to injury. He was a good one last year when spelling starters, and starting games in his own right. I am excited he is being considered well enough to start against the Pokes!  This really seasons up the starting hogs (Meehan, Anderson, Boas, Miller and Stockwell).... Yum, Yum.... get some!

Does anyone else find Santiago being the #1 guy just a little worrisome?  True freshman listed at 5'9 170 (if that's not inflated it would be the first in the history of college athletics)

I thought there was more in the cupboard so he could season a bit.  Hopefully his speed is such that he doesn't take direct hits.

Not worried one bit.

Look at what Garman did last season with his small stature. Santiago is even faster. 

Also, it's a rotation at RB. Norberg (and hopefully Arrington and Olivera if healthy) will sub in to provide the punch needed for inside runs. 

Not worried one bit.

Look at what Garman did last season with his small stature. Santiago is even faster. 

Also, it's a rotation at RB. Norberg (and hopefully Arrington and Olivera if healthy) will sub in to provide the punch needed for inside runs. 

Not sure what you mean?  Jer was valuable to us certainly, but he averaged 71 yds/game for the 11th ranked rushing offense in the league.  I think we are all expecting more than that this year.

• Upvote 1

Not sure what you mean?  Jer was valuable to us certainly, but he averaged 71 yds/game for the 11th ranked rushing offense in the league.  I think we are all expecting more than that this year.

That seasonal rushing average wasn't solely Jer's doing. Once the hogs got in sync and started blocking, Jer's average shot up the last few games. A season's worth of that kind of blocking up front would have made a huge difference. I think we're disregarding the first eight games and betting that the last four games last year was the real story --especially the final three games. Just need to have that kind of push up front from the get go this year. 

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 1

Was that cause of Jer or the performance of the o-line?

• Upvote 1

Look at his last few games when he was getting the majority of carries. Also, the line was a work in progress last year. Don't ignore that fact.