SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

You bring up a very important point that has been touched on before. Attrition from non-local prospects had badly hurt UND football before Bubba got here as head coach and it will continue to hurt UND. The most important prospects are those from the Midwest, specifically ND and MN. They are the most likely to stick it out the full 4 - 5 years.

Just look at NDSU and their senior class. It's almost nonexistent.

With Hartley, who left who? Is their a story behind Hilton and Webb not coming? Is that the reason they seem to be pursuing a CB hard?

Hartley - no clue.  Hilton - didn't know that until now.  Webb - heard a while back he didn't have the credits and will likely be going JUCO (if he chooses to pursue football).  Probably a good bet as to why they are pursuing a CB hard, but they also need some more depth as both Webb and Hilton were likely to redshirt.

Just look at NDSU and their senior class. It's almost nonexistent.

There are 14 seniors on the roster this year.  Not too bad.  There has been some losses in this class.

The '13 team had 24 and the last year's team had 18.  Probably not the norm for most FCS schools.

Hartley - no clue.  Hilton - didn't know that until now.  Webb - heard a while back he didn't have the credits and will likely be going JUCO (if he chooses to pursue football).  Probably a good bet as to why they are pursuing a CB hard, but they also need some more depth as both Webb and Hilton were likely to redshirt.

Huge disappointment with Hilton and Webb. If I remember right they were both really nice sized players, a move from Bubba that I really like. Go for some size in the backfield. Was Webb the guy who moved with his brother when he got an NFL contract? I remember reading an article someone posted about it, but can't remember if that was Webb or not. Too bad, we could certainly have used these guys in another year or two.

I would not like to be Idaho St. coming into the Alerus this season.   UND could make Idaho St. offense look ugly. 

If the corners and safeties do their jobs and are effective, the front 7 could have a field day.  Got to keep the quarterback in check when he scrambles and  can't give up third and longs like last year.

I would not like to be Idaho St. coming into the Alerus this season. UND could make Idaho St. offense look ugly.

Idaho St can't buyout the trip to Grand Forks anymore. UND is going to have a field day against the Bengals with the home crowd at full voice.

Idaho St can't buyout the trip to Grand Forks anymore. UND is going to have a field day against the Bengals with the home crowd at full voice.

I'm hopeful but more cautious, as I thought that we would have handled Weber better than we did last year at home.  :sad:

I'm hopeful but more cautious, as I thought that we would have handled Weber better than we did last year at home. :sad:

That game was just bad-timing. Only Studrud's second start and coming off a horrible game vs. Eastern Washington. Also, the offense was bare thin at most positions. Offense wont be any worse in 2015, thats for sure.

Gotta win more games to get on the worthless preseason teams.

Yeah, so do that. Winning games is important.

I think the Big Sky Conference still thinks UND football is a middle-of-the-road program like Weber State and Southern Utah. Bubba and the boys need to change that, starting this season. It's getting old. THE University of North Dakota should be no different than schools like Montana State, Montana, and Eastern Washington. The facilities and fan base are in place, just need to win!

• Upvote 1