SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

We don't need purple font to detect sarcasm. It shines through fairly easy on most message boards.

If you mean "We" in reference to those here who read or post frequently, I can see how that would be accurate. For those of us (like me) who don't, that isn't quite so easy to see. 

Case in point with Gundy and me, assuming he was in fact being sarcastic at the time of his posts, rather than retroactively when I called him on it.

Welcome back CAS - you are actually one of the more reasonable su fans that come here

Thanks--I try. I get caught up in things tho, admittadely.

Just thought I would come by to see what sort of thoughts you guys had on FCS playoffs.

My thoughts on upcoming games is that we (NDSU) will have tough time with SHSU (who is hottest team right now IMO) and, if we get by them, I think ISUr will be in the NC game with us. That game would be a coin flip, and I would consider us the underdog going in. This isn' the 2013 Bison football team. We have came back to the pack a bit while at the same time having the pack catch us on there own a bit IMO.

Gotta check out for now.

• Upvote 1

Neutral field =/= Road game

NDSU has earned home field advantage the last few years, I don't think anyone's disputing that but if being angry about it makes you feel better....

4 years ago is the only time they've truly been on the road in the playoffs in FCS, going 1-1 (beating Montana St, losing at EWU).

I thought the same thing...the only road playoff games for NDSU was MSU and EWU. Frisco is not a home game for anyone.

No, because I don't read your posts or this Forum enough to know that you were attempting sarcasm, so I am sorry about that.

We do this on BV for sarcasm. In fact, I suggested it a few years ago so misinterpretation/understanding of posts could be minimized.

So.... BV has a "Sarcasm for Dummies" code......

Can't say I'm surprised.

Coastal was quite a bit better than I expected but I really think that ISU-r is the only team that can knock off NDSU. 

I was quite impressed with the resilience of the NDSU offense on Saturday. Wentz is very athletic.

But,  that was one of the few games the Offense got pretty cranked up.   I think we have  a good shot at making the finals..... But the game on Friday sure is no give me. 

Thanks--I try. I get caught up in things tho, admittadely.

Just thought I would come by to see what sort of thoughts you guys had on FCS playoffs.

My thoughts on upcoming games is that we (NDSU) will have tough time with SHSU (who is hottest team right now IMO) and, if we get by them, I think ISUr will be in the NC game with us. That game would be a coin flip, and I would consider us the underdog going in. This isn' the 2013 Bison football team. We have came back to the pack a bit while at the same time having the pack catch us on there own a bit IMO.

Gotta check out for now.

Wow, sorry CAS, but gotta play spelling police here. An attorney should be able to spell "admittedly" correctly, or at least believe the spell-check program when it tries to fix it for him.

Seems like you have a lot of pent-up issues that have built up during your brief absence from ss.com.

On the colored font idea, maybe ss.com should use that yellow color Bison fans are so fond of to alert them to sarcasm.

Wow, sorry CAS, but gotta play spelling police here. An attorney should be able to spell "admittedly" correctly, or at least believe the spell-check program when it tries to fix it for him.

Seems like you have a lot of pent-up issues that have built up during your brief absence from ss.com.

On the colored font idea, maybe ss.com should use that yellow color Bison fans are so fond of to alert them to sarcasm.

I don't have spell-check option on this forum and really don't care if a spell a word or two wrong when posting on a forum like this.

And it's purple, not yellow.

I have no pent-up issues until I come to this forum and read some of the stuff you guys say about NDSU. You just can't exept truth. To say Frisco is not a PO road win is crazy, but you guys will do anything to take something away from NDSU.  Plus, here is the sentence to which I responding:

.just how many road playoff games have the Bison won in this stretch?

I spose I could do that with your hockey program when they play in the regionals (or whatever it is) in Fargo, but I won't. 

To say Frisco is not a PO road win is crazy

It is a neutral field game.  Both teams travel, they aren't the away team in someone else's stadium and they haven't been since EWU in 2010 (which they have earned).  And after your outburst about it, two other FU fans posted contradicting statements to your view.  Seems like you're in the minority on this one.  Not sure what the hockey regionals in Fargo have to do with it?  UND is the host school at a neutral site venue.  That doesn't change whether they make it in the playoffs or not.

When you bring 15,000 plus fans to a 20,000 seat venue I would consider that home field advantage.

Considering the mayor of Frisco was in Fargo for a game this season the place has become a second home for the Bison.

It is a neutral field game.  They aren't the away team in someone else's stadium, they haven't been since EWU in 2010 and have earned that.  And after your outburst about it, two other FU fans posted contradicting statements to your view.  Seems like you're in the minority on this one.  Not sure what the hockey regionals in Fargo have to do with it?  UND is the host school at a neutral site venue.  That doesn't change whether they make it in the playoffs or not.

Ummm, I was responding to the post I quoted-->"just how many road playoff games have the Bison won in this stretch".  Answer-->3!! 

It's actually similar, in a way, to BSC teams who come to play at the Alerus-->no real homefield advantage for UND!!

If NDSU makes Frisco for a 4th straight year they probably will have 2x as many fans in attendance as the Gophers will playing in a New Year's Day bowl game.  Pretty impressive.

Pretty crazy how North Dakota fans travel be it for Sioux hockey or Bison football. Impressive indeed.

• Upvote 1