SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

Ummm, I was responding to the post I quoted-->"just how many road playoff games have the Bison won in this stretch".  Answer-->3!! 

It's actually similar, in a way, to BSC teams who come to play at the Alerus-->no real homefield advantage for UND!!

You mean when UND plays at the Fargodome, no real homefield advantage for NDSU. :p

Ummm, I was responding to the post I quoted-->"just how many road playoff games have the Bison won in this stretch".  Answer-->3!! 

The answer is still 0.  They have won 3 neutral field games.  Playing against another team in their own stadium, in front of their own crowd, is considered a road game.  Playing in a stadium that both teams have to travel to and is not the regular stadium for either team is a neutral field game.  Neither team (in theory) has an advantage over the other.  The fact that you can't understand the difference doesn't make you correct. 

The original post was a compliment to the home-field advantage that NDSU has, which has helped them.  Asking how many of the games they would have won in the other teams stadium, where they were the only team traveling and don't have the crowd behind them, is a fair question.

The answer is still 0.  They have won 3 neutral field games.  Playing against another team in their own stadium, in front of their own crowd, is considered a road game.  Playing in a stadium that both teams have to travel to and is not the regular stadium for either team is a neutral field game.  Neither team (in theory) has an advantage over the other.  The fact that you can't understand the difference doesn't make you correct. 

The original post was a compliment to the home-field advantage that NDSU has, which has helped them.  Asking how many of the games they would have won in the other teams stadium, where they were the only team traveling and don't have the crowd behind them, is a fair question.

"just how many road playoff games have the Bison won in this stretch?"

It would seem to me that a "road game" is a game that is played while a team is "on the road." In other words, away from home. A game played on a neutral field is a road game for both teams. 

It would seem to me that a "road game" is a game that is played while a team is "on the road." In other words, away from home. A game played on a neutral field is a road game for both teams. 

In any of the sports I played growing up, a road game was playing against a team in their home environment. Many of the championship games, and a select few games during the year were played on a Neutral site, being that where neither team is used to that environment, not giving one team a advantage or not.  

Bingo!!!! We have a winner!!

So 2 Bison faithful agreeing makes a statement true......good one.

Shouldn't you guys be focusing on scheduling SMU next year for another premium FBS win? (SMU finished ranked 128 out of 128 teams, has to be an attractive option)  (Iowa St. finished 116)

• Upvote 1

Bingo!!!! We have a winner!!

So two teams are playing a road game?  Both teams playing away from home (a neutral site game) has nothing to do with the point that apparently sent you into a tizzy to begin with, which was that NDSU has had an advantage of all home games the last 4 years (which they've earned and no one has argued) and wondering how they would have fared without that advantage.  Apparently asking how the games may have turned out differently if NDSU had to go to the opposing team stadium (not a neutral one), play in front of the opposing team's crowd (outside of a tiny visiting team allotment) and been the only team that had to travel is too much for you to comprehend.

For as bad as NDSU's defense has looked (terrible), there still isn't a UND defensive player who would start for them.

NDSU has gone 56-3 in the last 4 seasons, and somehow they shjould be thankful for "homefield cooking" in the playoffs?

LOLCopter

For as bad as NDSU's defense has looked (terrible), there still isn't a UND defensive player who would start for them.

NDSU has gone 56-3 in the last 4 seasons, and somehow they shjould be thankful for "homefield cooking" in the playoffs?

LOLCopter

We'll see in September.  

LOLCopter

Get real man, this year we had a great defense overall and the stats don't lie. Our dbacks need some work but otherwise that is an incredibly stupid statement.

Different schemes, different philosophies, different conference style of opponents dipsmack-  I don't know how you would compare so it's a pretty silly comment.

So two teams are playing a road game?  Both teams playing away from home (a neutral site game) has nothing to do with the point that apparently sent you into a tizzy to begin with, which was that NDSU has had an advantage of all home games the last 4 years (which they've earned and no one has argued) and wondering how they would have fared without that advantage.  Apparently asking how the games may have turned out differently if NDSU had to go to the opposing team stadium (not a neutral one), play in front of the opposing team's crowd (outside of a tiny visiting team allotment) and been the only team that had to travel is too much for you to comprehend.

I did not go into a "tizzy" about anything. I simple pointed out that we have 3 PO wins on the road, which is completely accurate. You guys are the ones who went into a "tizzy" over that statement and then moved the goalpost by saying it wasn't a "road game" because either we have more fans there and or it was a neutral site.  Regardless of those two things, they are still "road wins"!! The fact that you guys can't except and understand that just demonstrates the envy and jealousness that exists here over NDSU football success.

So 2 Bison faithful agreeing makes a statement true......good one.

Shouldn't you guys be focusing on scheduling SMU next year for another premium FBS win? (SMU finished ranked 128 out of 128 teams, has to be an attractive option)  (Iowa St. finished 116)

IALTO:  Shouldn't you guys be focusing on getting an FBS win instead of down playing ours?!?! LMAO!!

You know what's funny about the last two FBS wins we have had?! At each one (which were "road games" btw) there were more fans at each individual game then combined fans at the Alerus  for each of your regular seasons the last two years.

So, don't be spouting off about or dissing our "road wins" when you can barely win at home!!

Jussayin'!!

I did not go into a "tizzy" about anything. I simple pointed out that we have 3 PO wins on the road, which is completely accurate. You guys are the ones who went into a "tizzy" over that statement and then moved the goalpost by saying it wasn't a "road game" because either we have more fans there and or it was a neutral site.  Regardless of those two things, they are still "road wins"!! The fact that you guys can't except and understand that just demonstrates the envy and jealousness that exists here over NDSU football success.

IOLTO:  Shouldn't you guys be focusing on getting an FBS win instead of down playing ours?!?! LMAO!!

You know what's funny about the last two FBS wins we have had?! At each one (which were "road games" btw) there were more fans at each individual game then combined at the Alerus ALL for each of your regular seasons the last two years.

So, don't be spouting off about or dissing our "road wins" when you can barely win at home!!

Jussayin'!!

Care to prove this with stats?  Edit- Jussayin!!

Get real man, this year we had a great defense overall and the stats don't lie. Our dbacks need some work but otherwise that is an incredibly stupid statement.

Your defense, for as good as it was, wasn't anything like NDSU's this year. I'm not even sure why this is an argument.

IALTO:  Shouldn't you guys be focusing on getting an FBS win instead of down playing ours?!?! LMAO!!

You know what's funny about the last two FBS wins we have had?! At each one (which were "road games" btw) there were more fans at each individual game then combined fans at the Alerus  for each of your regular seasons the last two years.

Jussayin'!!

Hilarious, just having a little fun with that one- knowing you couldn't handle it.

DO you think your defensive is comparable to NDSU's in effectiveness?

silly to even discuss- so many variables.......like SU had a ball control offense and UND was down to a 3rd string red  shirt pulled freshman at QB with only 1 healthy RB.