SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

So we have a UND fan minimizing their accomplishments by saying, "zero road victories and counting!!"

The reason they haven't won on the road is because they crushed their opponents and received a home field advantage throughout the playoffs. While I don't particularly care about NDSU football, they're a legit team, and worth the accolades they have received. 

Everyone's interpretation of this differs. When I was in High School. When we played Red River I was aware when we were the visitors but that was it. I always felt like it was a home game even when we were on the opposite sideline. We played one home game in the Fargodome for some stupid reason. At any rate I felt that game was an away game. It was a home game only on paper. Ofoci ally it was an away game when played Red River and home game when we played at the dome no matter how I felt. Not that I'm going to give you guys the answer, just giving my opinion when I played.

Bison Championship seasons, zero road victories and counting!! No one with a brain considers neutral site games road games. We are beating a dead horse on this point.

Did I argue that neutral site games were the same as road games? NDSU is undefeated in road playoff games in their D1 FCS Championship seasons. That is a fact. What was the point you were trying to make with your original quote, which could be misleading to those who were not aware that NDSU had EARNED home field advantage throughout the playoffs each of their FCS Championship seasons? Your quote has as much meaning as saying UND is undefeated against NFL teams.

This just in.........NDSU has a "home" playoff game tonight.

Rumor has it Shawn-O and MM got sideline passes and both will be clad in the home yellows. Look for them on the Deuce.

SU 31 SHSU 21

• Upvote 1

This just.........NDSU has a "home" playoff game tonight.

Rumor has it Shawn-O and MM got sideline passes and both will be clad in the home yellows. Look for them on the Deuce.

SU 31 SHSU 21

You cracked the code, Oxbow6 - I'm secretly the Nevin Shapiro of NDSU football. In fact, I've informed President B that I want to get rid of the "those who stay will be champions" slogan in favor of something new and edgy. Tonight, NDSU players will take the field while emerging out of a cloud of smoke, hands shaped in the form of a 'U,' and a new slogan will be introduced: All about the (S)U!

Whaddya think?

You cracked the code, Oxbow6 - I'm secretly the Nevin Shapiro of NDSU football. In fact, I've informed President B that I want to get rid of the "those who stay will be champions" slogan in favor of something new and edgy. Tonight, NDSU players will take the field while emerging out of a cloud of smoke, hands shaped in the form of a 'U,' and a new slogan will be introduced: All about the (S)U!

Whaddya think?

Lame..........kind of like the "hook 'em" horns hand gesture they stole from Texas.

• Upvote 1

Did I argue that neutral site games were the same as road games? NDSU is undefeated in road playoff games in their D1 FCS Championship seasons. That is a fact. What was the point you were trying to make with your original quote, which could be misleading to those who were not aware that NDSU had EARNED home field advantage throughout the playoffs each of their FCS Championship seasons? Your quote has as much meaning as saying UND is undefeated against NFL teams.

Yep, no doubt you earned it and should be proud.  NDSU has reached the status of Montana in which every benefit will be given to these 2 teams to ensure either a bye or first round home game.  I have no problem with this, it's earned on the field and with ticket sales.

But, UND hasn't played an NFL team and never will.  NDSU has played 2 road play-off games, 1-1, and will eventually play another road play-off game.  That's the difference.  To point out it's hard to play on the road vs. 12 or so home play-off games is just a fact.  I don't know why some SU guys monitoring this site are so insecure about this.  I am done pointing out the facts.  Time to go pheasant hunting with the Cogswell Cannon.  Roll Bearkats!!

Bison Championship seasons, zero road victories and counting!! No one with a brain considers neutral site games road games. We are beating a dead horse on this point.

Not having to play road playoff games and at the same time win 3 consecutive national championships and at least play a semi final game in 4 years means you are doing something right as a program. Not having to play games on the road as a 1 or 2 seed....that should be the goal of every team heading into the playoffs.

How many playoff games has UND played in since moving up again?

#rollturd

I have never figured out why the Bison fans put up the Texas Longhorns signal. Wouldn't it be a more accurate depiction if they just raised the pinky and index knuckles just a bit to show off their little bitty nubs of horns?

Couldn't tell ya. That was never really my thing. It was lame to start doing it in the first place.

Accuracy isn't always a good thing (see siouxper drunk shirts).

Yep, no doubt you earned it and should be proud.  NDSU has reached the status of Montana in which every benefit will be given to these 2 teams to ensure either a bye or first round home game.  I have no problem with this, it's earned on the field and with ticket sales.

But, UND hasn't played an NFL team and never will.  NDSU has played 2 road play-off games, 1-1, and will eventually play another road play-off game.  That's the difference.  To point out it's hard to play on the road vs. 12 or so home play-off games is just a fact.  I don't know why some SU guys monitoring this site are so insecure about this.  I am done pointing out the facts.  Time to go pheasant hunting with the Cogswell Cannon.  Roll Bearkats!!

I am still struggling to figure out what the point of your original post was.  Are you saying NDSU's run is less impressive because they were more successful in the regular season, thereby earning home field advantage throughout the playoffs?  Would it have been more impressive, in your mind, if NDSU had gone something like 11-10 in their regular season road games since 2011 (as opposed to going 20-1), had to play road games in the playoffs, and then win 3 consecutive national championships and have a semifinals appearance, at minimum, in the 4th year? 

Also, not insecure about this topic at all.  Strange minds just fascinate me.

Good luck pheasant hunting.

Not having to play road playoff games and at the same time win 3 consecutive national championships and at least play a semi final game in 4 years means you are doing something right as a program. Not having to play games on the road as a 1 or 2 seed....that should be the goal of every team heading into the playoffs.

How many playoff games has UND played in since moving up again?

Zero, and comparing the timelines between UND and NDSU during their transitions, NDSU had 3 playoff games in their 3rd year of being playoff eligible.  UND went through a coaching change in their third year of being eligible.  We get it, NDSU has been successful recently and UND has struggled.  Other than being a fan, what have you done to contribute to the success of NDSU?  Nothing I presume, so your trash talking really has no merit.

Zero, and comparing the timelines between UND and NDSU during their transitions, NDSU had 3 playoff games in their 3rd year of being playoff eligible. UND went through a coaching change in their third year of being eligible. We get it, NDSU has been successful recently and UND has struggled. Other than being a fan, what have you done to contribute to the success of NDSU? Nothing I presume, so your trash talking really has no merit.

More like besides being a troll what has he done to contribute to this board....nothing!

Zero, and comparing the timelines between UND and NDSU during their transitions, NDSU had 3 playoff games in their 3rd year of being playoff eligible. UND went through a coaching change in their third year of being eligible. We get it, NDSU has been successful recently and UND has struggled. Other than being a fan, what have you done to contribute to the success of NDSU? Nothing I presume, so your trash talking really has no merit.

Being a fan, along with a teammaker, is all I can do. Maybe if UND had more fans, your team would be more successful on the field. Having fans like NDSU has ( fans that actually attend NDSU games) helped this team tremendously by having what might be the best home field advantage in the FCS.

You guys try to tear down anything NDSU does using whatever crazy logic you can come up with, including now this playoff road argument.

Again, until your team does something, don't puff your chest acting like NDSU has something to prove.

I honestly think if NDSU had lost another regular season game and had to go on the road, this could be a very different story.  Road games are tough.  A road game in Frisco is not a hostile environment.....so if the Bison go to the title again....I suspect playing in Frisco will help the Bison.

Being a fan, along with a teammaker, is all I can do. Maybe if UND had more fans, your team would be more successful on the field. Having fans like NDSU has helped this team tremendously by having what might be the best home field advantage in the FCS.

You guys try to tear down anything NDSU does using whatever crazy logic you can come up with, including now this playoff road argument. Again, until your team does something, don't puff your chest acting like NDSU has something to prove.

I honestly think if NDSU had lost another regular season game and had to go on the road, this could be a very different story. Road games are tough. A road game in Frisco is not a hostile environment.....so if the Bison go to the title again....I suspect playing in Frisco will help the Bison.

Yes you are right, along with any team. Winning on the road is a hard thing to do. That is why the coaches say winning the championship starts with game 1.