SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

That Wentz kid ain't bad.

Not bad indeed! Carson pretty much has everything that you'd want in a QB; prototypical size, excellent quickness and mobility, great pocket presence, a rocket arm, and he's a 4.0 student. If he can read NFL defenses we just might be seeing him on Sundays in a few years.

Not bad indeed! Carson pretty much has everything that you'd want in a QB; prototypical size, excellent quickness and mobility, great pocket presence, a rocket arm, and he's a 4.0 student. If he can read NFL defenses we just might be seeing him on Sundays in a few years.

He needs to tame his elbow for that to happen. He drops it too often on throws causing him to miss.

Not bad indeed! Carson pretty much has everything that you'd want in a QB; prototypical size, excellent quickness and mobility, great pocket presence, a rocket arm, and he's a 4.0 student. If he can read NFL defenses we just might be seeing him on Sundays in a few years.

Dohkay.  Did you watch him during the regular season?  Tone it down a bit, chief.  One drive.

He needs to tame his elbow for that to happen. He drops it too often on throws causing him to miss.

The ball sails a bit on him sometimes. No doubt he's got a ways to go ... most college QBs do in their first year as a starter. But there' a whole lot there for an NFLQB coach to work with.

One drive ... really? I guess I'd have to ask if you watched him play this year?

13 games  150.7 rat  189-300-9 ints  63.0 pct  2522 yds  21 tds    194.0 yds/game 

Nothing says NFL like those numbers.  You said he is NFL material, I said pump the brakes.  What was so crazy about what I said?

"one drive"  is crazy.

Also, those are excellent numbers for a QB on a team that runs a ball-control offence like NDSU's.

13 games  150.7 rat  189-300-9 ints  63.0 pct  2522 yds  21 tds    194.0 yds/game 

Nothing says NFL like those numbers.  You said he is NFL material, I said pump the brakes.  What was so crazy about what I said?

"one drive"  is crazy.

Also, those are excellent numbers for a QB on a team that runs a ball-control offence like NDSU's.

If the kid was in a pass friendly offense his numbers would be double what they are now. And the Bison receivers drop a lot of catchable balls. He is already getting looked at. It's his first year as a starter. He has the size and arm and smarts to possibly move on.

I see the NDSU had 18,100 in attendance for their game in Fargo.     Seems like they routinely have around 19,00 for their games,  it is surprising they didn't have a sellout for their playoff game.   I know they can  put about  19,000 in the dome.     I suppose that it is the same thing that has happened  in Grand Forks over the years when every ticket has to be purchased for playoffs  and free  tickets from your boss at work aren't there,  not as many tickets are sold.  Nonetheless it is still a little surprising. 

There were no tickets available for sale to the general public. At least not on gobison.com.

Attendance almost always dips at playoff time. I'm surprised it wasn't more than it was. Too only have it go down by 5% is pretty impressive. I bet it was far worse at other venues.

Wentz is definitely a prospect for an nfl. He has a long ways to go, but he has everything needed to be an nfl qb. The biggest thing is his decision making will need to improve, his accuracy will improve over time. Right now his game accuracy isn't mirroring his practice.

He also has imho one of the worst wr units in fcs.

Props to sdsu. They had control and should have won the game. Ndsu stepped up and made plays when they neede too. Very similar to GSU couple years ago.

I see the NDSU had 18,100 in attendance for their game in Fargo. Seems like they routinely have around 19,00 for their games, it is surprising they didn't have a sellout for their playoff game. I know they can put about 19,000 in the dome. I suppose that it is the same thing that has happened in Grand Forks over the years when every ticket has to be purchased for playoffs and free tickets from your boss at work aren't there, not as many tickets are sold. Nonetheless it is still a little surprising.

Schools also change how they report numbers in the playoffs. They are giving a whole bunch of money to the NCAA so apparently they do some interesting accounting.

Game yesterday was as full as I've seen the dome. And it actually stayed full which was a little surprising.

Props to sdsu. They had control and should have won the game. Ndsu stepped up and made plays when they neede too. Very similar to GSU couple years ago.

SDSU certainly could have won this game. But I don't know if makes any sense to say that a team that gave up 416 yards of offense to their 275, and couldn't come up with a defensive stop when they needed it, "should" have won the game.

• Upvote 1

Schools also change how they report numbers in the playoffs. They are giving a whole bunch of money to the NCAA so apparently they do some interesting accounting.

Game yesterday was as full as I've seen the dome. And it actually stayed full which was a little surprising.

Why would that be surprising. Tie game at the half. Dumb to leave early. If anybody did they deserved to be slapped.

We were telling NDSU fans 10 years ago when they were ripping on UND for only getting 5-6k for a home playoff game.  Tried to explain that there were more than that there but UND under reports to keep the difference.  They weren't buying it.   :silly:

18K in a stadium that seats 19K seems a little easier to explain than 5K in a stadium that seats 13K.

We were telling NDSU fans 10 years ago when they were ripping on UND for only getting 5-6k for a home playoff game.  Tried to explain that there were more than that there but UND under reports to keep the difference.  They weren't buying it.   :silly: