SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

I  can see a Fargo College of Home Economics vs. Illinois State Final.  

As Lou Holtz would say, New Hampshire has been living a lie all year.  

That's the matchup everyone wants to see and proof that the Valley is the toughest conference in the FCS and it isn't even close.

That's the matchup everyone wants to see and proof that the Valley is the toughest conference in the FCS and it isn't even close.

If they stick 2 in the championship that is very good deductive reasoning on your end.  Congrats!

They both have to win this weekend first.

Pretty fortunate those two teams didn't play this regular season. 

Yet their game with a Coastal Carolina was close, who I heard from NDSU fans saying before the game that they shouldn't even been a top 10 team if not lower.

• Upvote 1

What a great observation - How about the shape of the earth, what's the latest on that?

I am far more impressed with Illinois St. than the 'turd'.  The 'turd' should be thankful for all the home games......just how many road playoff games have the Bison won in this stretch?  I believe it's zero.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

Looking at the bracket, NDSU's toughest test to get back to Frisco will be their first game (SDSU or Montana State). I don't see Coastal (or Richmond / Morgan ) as more than a speed bump on the way to the semis. 

I don't see much in the #3 portion either. The most dangerous team to NDSU in that section is Sam Houston (and the revenge factor).

UNH should make the semis.

And I hereby declare the #4 portion of the bracket "the bracket of doom": Montana, EWU, Illinois State, and UNI. Ouch. 

:whistling:

What a great observation - How about the shape of the earth, what's the latest on that?

I am far more impressed with Illinois St. than the 'turd'.  The 'turd' should be thankful for all the home games......just how many road playoff games have the Bison won in this stretch?  I believe it's zero.

Thankful for home games? Christ they earned them. And you ask me the shape of the earth? Yes Illinois St has been very impressive. If both make it to the ship I would favor them.

• Upvote 1

Thankful for home games? Christ they earned them. And you ask me the shape of the earth? Yes Illinois St has been very impressive. If both make it to the ship I would favor them.

Did I say they didn't earn it?  They just really benefit from the reality of FCS football, home play-off games, oodles of them.  And if the NCAA has a close decision to make the fan base and ticket sales will surely sway them the Turd's way.  It's a compliment to your program, but still trying to figure what's the best conference this year.......

@Bold: Actually, 3-->and ALL RESULTED IN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!  I realize UND hasn't been to a Natty in anything for decades, so, to refresh your memory, the National Championship game IS PART OF THE PLAYOFFS!!

Did I say they didn't earn it?  They just really benefit from the reality of FCS football, home play-off games, oodles of them.  And if the NCAA has a close decision to make the fan base and ticket sales will surely sway them the Turd's way.  It's a compliment to your program, but still trying to figure what's the best conference this year.......

Hey, D8ckhead, try losing only 1 or no regular season games (see NDSU the last 3 regular seasons) and see what kind of seed you get in the FCS playoffs.  :unsure:  ???  :silly:

@Bold: Actually, 3-->and ALL RESULTED IN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!  I realize UND hasn't been to a Natty in anything for decades, so, to refresh your memory, the National Championship game IS PART OF THE PLAYOFFS!!

Hey, D8ckhead, try losing only 1 or no regular season games (see NDSU the last 3 regular seasons) and see what kind of seed you get in the FCS playoffs.  :unsure:  ???  :silly:

Congratulations on the success of a group of people you cheer for on Saturdays.  Good luck to those people this weekend. 

Neutral field =/= Road game

NDSU has earned home field advantage the last few years, I don't think anyone's disputing that but if being angry about it makes you feel better....

4 years ago is the only time they've truly been on the road in the playoffs in FCS, going 1-1 (beating Montana St, losing at EWU).

Hey tough guy, I said it was a compliment to your program and I've acknowledged the MVFC all year.  So what's up with the little weiner syndrome?

• Upvote 1

Hey tough guy, I said it was a compliment to your program and I've acknowledged the MVFC all year.  So what's up with the little weiner syndrome?

No weiner syndrome here like you apparently have with NDSU. Each of your posts that I quoted contain backhanded compliments. I was simply pointing them out. If you can't handle that, then I would suggest not doing it.

And how is it that you are "still trying to figure out who the best conference is this year" when the MVFC has two teams (of 4 btw) in the Semi's and every computer model you look at has the MVFC waaaay ahead of any other FCS conference. And, if you don't like computer models, then look at the NCAA selection commitee choosing 5 MVFC teams, all of whom won at least one game and  2 of which were eliminated by another MVFC team. 

• Upvote 1

No weiner syndrome here like you apparently have with NDSU. Each of your posts that I quoted contain backhanded compliments. I was simply pointing them out. If you can't handle that, then I would suggest not doing it.

And how is it that you are "still trying to figure out who the best conference is this year" when the MVFC has two teams (of 4 btw) in the Semi's and every computer model you look at has the MVFC waaaay ahead of any other FCS conference. And, if you don't like computer models, then look at the NCAA selection commitee choosing 5 MVFC teams, all of whom won at least one game and  2 of which were eliminated by another MVFC team. 

wow-  I have said the MVFC is the best conference all year.  It's when you guys say it 500 times on a UND form that the sarcasm breaks out.  Get it??

• Upvote 1

Don't you have an underage smoking case to prosecute? 

And on a UND forum I put in my time to say whatever the frick I want-

wow-  I have said the MVFC is the best conference all year.  It's when you guys say it 500 times on a UND form that the sarcasm breaks out.  Get it??

No, because I don't read your posts or this Forum enough to know that you were attempting sarcasm, so I am sorry about that.

We do this on BV for sarcasm. In fact, I suggested it a few years ago so misinterpretation/understanding of posts could be minimized.

You should--I agree completely, but you also should expect a retort occasionally, if not more, and be able to handle it.

Thanks for your concern-  I will check in with my anger management sponsor on how to handle Bison fans on a UND forum.  (in color for sarcasm)