SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

On the colored font idea, maybe ss.com should use that yellow color Bison fans are so fond of to alert them to sarcasm.

And it's purple, not yellow

So 2 Bison faithful agreeing makes a statement true......good one.

Hey Gundy, can you help out the Bizun who failed coloring class? ?

silly to even discuss- so many variables.......like SU had a ball control offense and UND was down to a 3rd string red  shirt pulled freshman at QB with only 1 healthy RB.

How do you even not discuss it?  Even going by stats the 2 are virtually uncomparable. On an honest truth,. your defense has come along way this year and hopes to continue to get better, but its comparing palles to oranges on where the 2 programs are at right now defensively, whether you want to discuss just this year, or as a program identity altogether.

Yes we all know that.  But UND's got much, much better and will be better than it was next year also.

This is quite accurate from what I saw/observed.  I have to admit I was a bit surprised at how much the UND defense improved this year and I think it bodes well for you in the future.  NDSU relied on its defense for several wins over the last 3-4 seasons. 

As I said over a year ago right here, if UND can become strong defensively and get back to the power football it ran back when (which is exactly what NDSU has done the last 5-6 years), UND will be a force in the Big Sky and will start making PO runs. Just because almost the entire Big Sky doesn't focus on D and or power run does not mean UND shouldn't.  Winning "shows" better than just attempting to "put on a show" on the field.

I did not go into a "tizzy" about anything. I simple pointed out that we have 3 PO wins on the road, which is completely accurate. You guys are the ones who went into a "tizzy" over that statement and then moved the goalpost by saying it wasn't a "road game" because either we have more fans there and or it was a neutral site.  Regardless of those two things, they are still "road wins"!! The fact that you guys can't except and understand that just demonstrates the envy and jealousness that exists here over NDSU football success.

It was FU fans who claimed they weren't "road games" because of the fan support, so take that up with them.  And you still are missing the point: The question wasn't about how many games has NDSU won away from the Fargodome, it was how successful would they have been if their opponent had the home field advantage instead of them.

The last playoff game that NDSU's opponent had a home field advantage, NDSU lost.

I struggle to believe there is really an argument about this, but a neutral site game and a road game are not the same.  A neutral site game is also not a home game.  One would think a lawyer could comprehend such a simple thing.

Good God!! The poster sarcastically or otherwise asked "how many road games we have won" during our last 3-4 NC runs.  If he, you or anyone else here does not think the NC's were "road games", you can't be helped. It was only after I brought up the NC road wins that you guys started bringing up the neutral site/more fans stuff. Had that been mentioned by the poster I was responding to, this entire discussion would not exist. Again, Good effing God!!

IOW, road games include neutral site games. How difficult is that to understand?! And I agree neutral site game and "away game at hostile site" are two different things, but they are both "road games", which was in fac the intitial question.

How do you even not discuss it?  Even going by stats the 2 are virtually uncomparable. On an honest truth,. your defense has come along way this year and hopes to continue to get better, but its comparing palles to oranges on where the 2 programs are at right now defensively, whether you want to discuss just this year, or as a program identity altogether.

Cause I am clearly a Doctorate of football and you are in Pop Warner if you don't understand what I have already said about it.........  So throw your stat sheets away and continue sipping on your soy based latte at Starbucks.

Not sure why you care. They've earned the right to not go on the road for four seasons now based on merit.

Hey, Shawn-O, leave defending the Bison and their record to me.

Are you wearing home green or alternate yellow for the big semi-final game?

I think he is waiting for you to decide which color of crocs you will be wearing.

The old codgers at the Elks Club told me they are playing the Planet Whoston. They seemed aware of the location of the game and the school, so I concluded the Bison are indeed North Dakota's team.

All UND fans want for Christmas is a Bison loss. Still living vicariously through NDSU's success and failure rather than supporting and focussing on your own team.

Definition of a loser fan base.

Kind of like when Bison fans openly cheer against UND in the NCAA tournament or Frozen Four via BV, Twitter, Facebook.  It was ridiculous last April.  They resorted to siding with the Gophers, that is how pathetic they are.

• Upvote 4

Kind of like when Bison fans openly cheer against UND in the NCAA tournament or Frozen Four via BV, Twitter, Facebook. It was ridiculous last April. They resorted to siding with the Gophers, that is how pathetic they are.

I generally root for the gopher hockey team regardless of who they are playing... Unless its Notre Dame.

Regardless, I wouldn't find it pathetic for you to cheer for Sam Houston this weekend, or Coastal last weekend. People generally don't cheer for the team they "hate."

All UND fans want for Christmas is a Bison loss. Still living vicariously through NDSU's success and failure rather than supporting and focussing on your own team.

Ironic coming from a fu fan who trolls a UND fan site constantly.

I generally root for the gopher hockey team regardless of who they are playing... Unless its Notre Dame.

Regardless, I wouldn't find it pathetic for you to cheer for Sam Houston this weekend, or Coastal last weekend. People generally don't cheer for the team they "hate."

There is a difference between UND fans cheering for SHSU or CC and NDSU fans cheering for the Gophers, who they love to hate so much. 

There is a difference between UND fans cheering for SHSU or CC and NDSU fans cheering for the Gophers, who they love to hate so much. 

Ndsu isn't at the gopher's level in any sport (there's a gulf between the BIG and the summit in bball).  I don't think they really view them as an opponent/rival like we do.

Uh although it might be confusing sometimes because there are so many FU trolls that frequent here - this is a UND fan site and the thread is about the FCS playoffs so I'm thinking it's okay to post who you are rooting for. The definitiion of a loser fan base is one that feels it has to perpetually put down another school to make themselves feel superior - dang you are in the playoffs and you probably spend just as much time on a UND fan board as on the FU fan board. 

• Upvote 3