SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 FCS Playoffs

UND-FB-FAN

Going to be a wild 4th down in Fargo.  NDSU up 31-26 but CCU has the ball 1st and goal on the 3 yard line.  Both defenses getting absolutely carved, over 760 yards of offense through 3 quarters with over 400 of it coming on the ground.  That doesn't even take into account CCU's 98 yard kickoff return for a TD.

Going to be a wild 4th down in Fargo. NDSU up 31-26 but CCU has the ball 1st and goal on the 3 yard line. Both defenses getting absolutely carved.

4th down or 4th quarter! Ha!

But yes, this game is surprisingly becoming interesting. Good day if both NDSU squads lose along with a UND win?

extend klieman?

simple question.

I don't know if he is honestly any good. Two playoff games, two games where the team has looked unprepared.

Any reasonably decent coach could have put this team in this position. Physically just been better than teams this year.

I don't know if he is honestly any good. Two playoff games, two games where the team has looked unprepared.

Any reasonably decent coach could have put this team in this position. Physically just been better than teams this year.

4th and 2...defense caught with its pants down on the fake punt. Klieman definitely showing some inexperience. And why the long field goal with a buck and change left. NDSU had 2nd and 3rd down to gain, what, 5 yards? Screen pass, first down picked up, ballgame.

The big test is how NDSU would do at UNH? I don't think Villanova/SHSU can stop them at the dome next week. Now NDSU's D vs EWU's passing attack could be an interesting matchup.

Sam Houston beats Nova.

Nova's starting qb, who is one of the best in the country got knocked out if the game in the 1st quarter.

Nova's QB didn't play at all. Got a concussion earlier in the week but was cleared to play but woke up with a headache and decision was made not to risk it.

4th and 2...defense caught with its pants down on the fake punt. Klieman definitely showing some inexperience. And why the long field goal with a buck and change left. NDSU had 2nd and 3rd down to gain, what, 5 yards? Screen pass, first down picked up, ballgame.

the return team was in punt safe. just didnt execute.

Bison followers are always making fun about how many points Big Sky teams give up. NDSU looks like they belong in the Big Sky more and more with every game they play. One thing for sure, there defense isn't as good as last year. I still can't see anyone beating them though.

Bison followers are always making fun about how many points Big Sky teams give up. NDSU looks like they belong in the Big Sky more and more with every game they play. One thing for sure, there defense isn't as good as last year. I still can't see anyone beating them though.

This defense doesn't have to be as good as last year.  In fact, last year's team is probably the best FCS team ever.  That was the first time a team has scored over 30 points on the Bison in four years.  CC had a very good offense.

The offense stepped up yesterday and carried the team. 

For not being "as good as last year", the Bison are 13-1 and still playing football.... :crazy:

• Upvote 1