SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

Gophers bring the Axe back where it belongs!

Season of what if with losing Ibrahim while in a battle with Ohio State, the Bowling Green debacle, falling flat on our face against Illinois, winning every stat category in Iowa except the most important one, and then needing help from Nebraska yesterday and they blow a 21-6 lead in the 4th quarter. Could've and should've been playing for a B1G Championship next week but ending the regular season like today is a nice consolation.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Gophers bring the Axe back where it belongs!

Season of what if with losing Ibrahim while in a battle with Ohio State, the Bowling Green debacle, falling flat on our face against Illinois, winning every stat category in Iowa except the most important one, and then needing help from Nebraska yesterday and they blow a 21-6 lead in the 4th quarter. Could've and should've been playing for a B1G Championship next week but ending the regular season like today is a nice consolation.

you haven't been following goofer football that long have you?

19 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you haven't been following goofer football that long have you?

Well I'm 31 so it has been a while. Really started following close when I was about 10 and those Glen Mason teams with Tyrone Carter, Ron Johnson, Thomas Tapeh, Ben Hamilton, Dan Nystrom, Arland Bruce, Asad Abdul Khaliq, Ben Utecht, Greg Eslinger, Marion Barber, Laurence Maroney, and Gary Russell.

15 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

But ... OU is headed to the SEC. And Southern Cal is an afterthought in CFB lately. 

that-dont-make-no-sense-makeameme-ord-31

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

But ... OU is headed to the SEC. And Southern Cal is an afterthought in CFB lately. 

Sure it does. Riley gets a pay raise and a longer leash at USC plus keeps the dream alive with a easy path to the CFP.
If he moves with OU to the SEC and immediately gets exposed, he won't have a job for long.
The B12 isn't the SEC and I don't see a ton of seasons where Oklahoma is putting up 10 to 12 win seasons consistently. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Sure it does. Riley gets a pay raise and a longer leash at USC plus keeps the dream alive with a easy path to the CFP.
If he moves with OU to the SEC and immediately gets exposed, he won't have a job for long.
The B12 isn't the SEC and I don't see a ton of seasons where Oklahoma is putting up 10 to 12 win seasons consistently. 

Of course, if he falls flat on his face, it will backfire and he'll be back looking for work. But that is the chance you take when you take a job like USC.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Of course, if he falls flat on his face, it will backfire and he'll be back looking for work. But that is the chance you take when you take a job like USC.

If he falls flat on his face but rolls over to find himself on the campus quad looking up at a number of co-eds on a nice, sunny SoCal day, however... 

That's a chance worth taking. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

He has a good gig lined up. USC is a sleeping giant, and OU is only going downhill from here.

My roommate is a USC guy. He figures he'll get quite a long leash..."look at how long Helton was there and we sucked"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

He has a good gig lined up. USC is a sleeping giant, and OU is only going downhill from here.

My roommate is a USC guy. He figures he'll get quite a long leash..."look at how long Helton was there and we sucked"

Larry Scott is also gone so I expect a resurgence of PAC 10.  USC has more intangibles to draw stident athletes than arguably any school in the country. They definitely have an open path to success. 

Oklahoma is on the way to being Nebraska 2.0. 

Easy decision. 

7 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

If he falls flat on his face but rolls over to find himself on the campus quad looking up at a number of co-eds on a nice, sunny SoCal day, however... 

That's a chance worth taking. 

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/544867/2010squad02.jpg

Right out of central casting.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Did Tibesar find a landing place after getting fired by Oregon State?

Not to my knowledge. 
And Rod Carey was released by Temple.
Former UND and GFC QB Jake Landry was Carey's QB coach at Temple. 

That's quite the list that has stood on the home side of Alerus Center either coaching or as the QB. 

• 5 weeks later...