SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

39 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Gophers won 10 games and 7 Big Ten Games this year

but it still sucks that they aren't in Indy next week. 

Their easy schedule finally caught up with them...they beat a solid Penn St team but struggled against Iowa on the road and really got steamrolled by Bucky in the second half today.  Unfortunately for the winner, they get Ohio St next week and the Buckeyes look unstoppable at this point.

So it seems like a pretty easy year for the playoff committee but if anyone could screw it up it would be these guys based on some of their rankings the past few weeks. Only real intrigue today seems to be is Ohio State #1 or is LSU? Pretty big decision too because I would much rather play Oklahoma than Clemson.

17 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

So it seems like a pretty easy year for the playoff committee but if anyone could screw it up it would be these guys based on some of their rankings the past few weeks. Only real intrigue today seems to be is Ohio State #1 or is LSU? Pretty big decision too because I would much rather play Oklahoma than Clemson.

I don't think there is much debate, Its LSU with a bullet at #1. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't think there is much debate, Its LSU with a bullet at #1. 

Ohio State has 5 wins over current top 25 teams. 2 vs #8, and 1 each vs #10, #14, and #20. LSU has 4 wins 1 each over #4, #9, #11, and #12. I think I'd still have Ohio State #1 just based on what I've watched all year. 

17 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Ohio State has 5 wins over current top 25 teams. 2 vs #8, and 1 each vs #10, #14, and #20. LSU has 4 wins 1 each over #4, #9, #11, and #12. I think I'd still have Ohio State #1 just based on what I've watched all year. 

LSU is easily the #1.  Easily the best team from the best conference.  

Ohio State v. Clemson should be a fun time in the Semifinal.  LSU will probably stomp Oklahoma.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, nodakvindy said:

Clemson defends and I'll be surprised if anyone stays within 2 TDs, LSU included. 

You know what's funny about Clemson? All these people talk about how they haven't beaten anybody, their conference is soft, they barely beat North Carolina, blah, blah, blah!

But when it comes time to talk playoff seeding, nobody wants to play Clemson in the semifinals! Which is it, boys and girls? It cannot be both! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Feff said:

As an OU fan this is embarrassing and I wouldn't be surprised if OU is left out of any of the playoffs in future years. Pulling a UND and not bothering to show up to the game. 

Playing Devil's Advocate, LSU dismantled Georgia in the SEC title game and Georgia is a good team. Nobody has been able to solve their offense this year. And I don't know if Clemson or Ohio State will be able to either.