SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

On 9/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, The Sicatoka said:

WIN ... or else, at Utah

Today I learned that the University of Utah actually has a tiny nuclear reactor on campus. Produces a whopping 100kW and, when running full out, is able to raise the temp of the cooling water from 65 to 80 degrees. It's used to teach nuclear engineering students how to understand and safely operate nuclear reactors.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

Today I learned that the University of Utah actually has a tiny nuclear reactor on campus. Produces a whopping 100kW and, when running full out, is able to raise the temp of the cooling water from 65 to 80 degrees. It's used to teach nuclear engineering students how to understand and safely operate nuclear reactors.

Rensselaer (RPI) had one during my matriculation, so it's more common than we realize. 

What's 100kW? For comparison, https://casscountyelectric.com/solar <- That takes acres; pretty sure Utah's 100 kW reactor takes up 100s of square feet. ;) 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Annual Gopher clunker game

Just so stupid. Absolutely sucks had a great opportunity to grab control of the West and you had a lot of buzz building and then you come with a no show effort on homecoming in front of a packed stadium where they actually got the fans to execute the stripe out pretty well. So many mistakes. Had every opprtunity to win the game but missing 29 yard field goals and turning easy 10 yard slant TDs into interceptions doesn't get it done. The call from Fleck to go for it on 4th and 1 from the 29 in your own territory when you weren't running the ball for anything in the 1st quarter might've been the worst part and gave Purdue 3. I know there was no Mo today and he is a huge loss but guys just didn't look ready to go and Purdue getting O'Connell back was huge. That game @ Illinois in a couple weeks is gonna be a big one.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:18 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

I see Tennessee took down Florida

My Brain: Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it.

Me: THE VOLS ARE BACK!

My Brain:  Damn it.....

Me: Can I say it now?

My Brain:  With all of your heart.

Me: THE VOLS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!

My Brain:  Atta boy (*just setting yourself up for failure)

42 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Is it time to ask if Fleck has taken the Gophers as far as he can take them?

Tonight was the sloppiest I've seen his team since probably his first season. Really disappointed in how the offense ran early. I know it is a QB in his first start in that tough environment but gotta let the kid play. 3 runs into loaded boxes after the interception return inside the 20 was atrocious, go for the kill there. 

5 games left all very winnable but with how that 2nd half went with some lack of effort, not getting aligned, and things like that I'm interested to see this team next Saturday. Either pull together and respond and salvage the season down the stretch even though it will still finish as a disappointment or feel sorry for yourselves and don't show up ready to play and things really get off the track.

I do think PJ needs to look at his philosophy and change some things. Offensively he is so worried about time of possession and playing Tressel ball but that needs to change. You have to be willing to be more open offensively, take more shots, play with varying tempo, push the pace at times.

14 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Tonight was the sloppiest I've seen his team since probably his first season. Really disappointed in how the offense ran early. I know it is a QB in his first start in that tough environment but gotta let the kid play. 3 runs into loaded boxes after the interception return inside the 20 was atrocious, go for the kill there. 

5 games left all very winnable but with how that 2nd half went with some lack of effort, not getting aligned, and things like that I'm interested to see this team next Saturday. Either pull together and respond and salvage the season down the stretch even though it will still finish as a disappointment or feel sorry for yourselves and don't show up ready to play and things really get off the track.

I do think PJ needs to look at his philosophy and change some things. Offensively he is so worried about time of possession and playing Tressel ball but that needs to change. You have to be willing to be more open offensively, take more shots, play with varying tempo, push the pace at times.

How they went from a dominate MSU performance to this... makes me think something is going on behind the scenes.

The season is already a failure in my eyes because the stars were all aligned for the Gophers to get to Indy and they aren't going.  Keeping the Axe and winning the Pig isn't going to change that. 

Fleck needs to get more playmakers on the outside and USE them...