SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

On 10/23/2022 at 1:35 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

How they went from a dominate MSU performance to this... makes me think something is going on behind the scenes.

The season is already a failure in my eyes because the stars were all aligned for the Gophers to get to Indy and they aren't going.  Keeping the Axe and winning the Pig isn't going to change that. 

Fleck needs to get more playmakers on the outside and USE them...

Agree completely on a underachieving/disappointing season

WR recruiting has been absolutely terrible. They've had like 9 WRs transfer the last few years and none of them doing anything at their new schools either. For a guy in PJ who coached WRs in the NFL and Simon who was so highly touted to basically only have Johnson, Bateman, and CAB as solid WRs in their time here is crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Big game Saturday.
College Football Playoff No. 1 ranked Tennessee Volunteers and AP Poll No. 1 ranked Georgia Bulldogs.

Before the season began, tickets for this game sat at $197 for the cheapest ticket, ...

Now ... , the cheapest ticket available for the game is now $626.

That price tag means that the Tennessee-Georgia game is the most expensive get-in price for any regular-season college football game on record.
CFB world reacts to record-breaking Georgia/Tennessee ticket prices (msn.com)

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Well at least Fleck can still beat Nebraska.

Morgan getting hurt changed the game gotta think it was concussion related again. If that is the case you have to turn it over to AK for the rest of this season and that is probably best for the program anyway. I appreciate all Tanner has done and the way he represents Minnesota but the ceiling with Athan is so so much higher.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:27 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Remember when Wisconsin signed Mertz and everyone was freaking out that they finally got a QB that could take them to the promise land and in his first start he went 20-21 and threw for 5 TDs and everyone lost their minds?

I do.

Look at him now, can't even beat an awful Iowa team. 

Now lost back to back Axe games.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

After the Iowa debacle... I am thinking Fleck has bumped his ceiling. 

I think Iowa is in his head. He tries to out Iowa Iowa and that just leaves such small room for error. 3 of 4 they’ve dominated statistically and found ways to lose. The way to beat Iowa is by being aggressive and taking care of the ball.

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I think Iowa is in his head. He tries to out Iowa Iowa and that just leaves such small room for error. 3 of 4 they’ve dominated statistically and found ways to lose. The way to beat Iowa is by being aggressive and taking care of the ball.

He shoud have smashed Iowa with back to back TDs in the first two drives and said to Iowa: try and outscore us. 

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He shoud have smashed Iowa with back to back TDs in the first two drives and said to Iowa: try and outscore us. 

Instead came out not letting Athan throw for the first quarter using the excuse of the wind and end up playing from behind all game. The 4th and 1 missed field goal was the one I had a problem with because you approached it like 4th was a go by the PA throw on 3rd down.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Instead came out not letting Athan throw for the first quarter using the excuse of the wind and end up playing from behind all game. The 4th and 1 missed field goal was the one I had a problem with because you approached it like 4th was a go by the PA throw on 3rd down.

I like AK, he really showed me something today against Wisconsin.

Get him some weapons.