SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

Jacksonville State beats Florida State 20-17 on a 59 yard play to end the game.

I have many questions on that last play but I'll limit them to 2

1) Why did the Noles secondary allow anyone to get behind them in that situation

2) Why didn't they go ahead and interfere (just tackle the guy!).  Its only a 15 yard penalty and you live for another play. 

BYU takes down #12 Arizona St. and is now 3-0

Boise loses a heart breaker at home 20-21 to Oklahoma St, they had a late 4th qtr fumble recovery for a td but got whistled down before they got to the end zone. Then they miss the game winning FG. Boise now 1-2 but is a great team. Oklahoma St has squeaked out a 3-0 record so far

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

BYU takes down #12 Arizona St. and is now 3-0

Boise loses a heart breaker at home 20-21 to Oklahoma St, they had a late 4th qtr fumble recovery for a td but got whistled down before they got to the end zone. Then they miss the game winning FG. Boise now 1-2 but is a great team. Oklahoma St has squeaked out a 3-0 record so far

OK St.  Beat Missouri state 23-16 week one.

2 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

row the boat…

It's going to be a long week for Mr. Fleck and his staff. Losing at home to BGSU, one of the worst G5 teams in all of FBS, is pretty bad for a program that looked like it was going someplace two years ago. Forget rowing the boat, they have a big hole in the bottom that needs plugging..........

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It's going to be a long week for Mr. Fleck and his staff. Losing at home to BGSU, one of the worst G5 teams in all of FBS, is pretty bad for a program that looked like it was going someplace two years ago. Forget rowing the boat, they have a big hole in the bottom that needs plugging..........

Absolutely atrocious and unacceptable loss a week after dominating Colorado and having 10,000+ fans in Boulder. Hopefully it opens his eyes up to some changes he needs to make in the program. Seems like whenever the Gophers have played a non-major non-conference opponent they have played as vanilla offense as possible and it finally resulted in a loss after a few other close calls. Tanner Morgan also has really struggled the past two seasons after a great 2019, it is time to make a move to Zack Annexstad, Cole Kramer, or Jacob Clark at QB. The other big issue is just how conservative he gets offensively and his "tressel ball" philosophy, they need to go uptempo at times and quit worrying about draining the play clock to under 5 every play doesn't always need to be check with me offense. The last issue is two coordinators. Rob Wenger has done nothing positive in his time as special teams coordinator, only explanation he still has a job is he has to have some kind of dirt on PJ. The other is Mike Sanford as the OC, not sure he is the right man for the job. Morgan's play at QB has taken a big step back since he took over and the route combos always seem kinda weird to me and the offense has become very predictable.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Is that Fleck tape or Flex tape?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Absolutely atrocious and unacceptable loss a week after dominating Colorado and having 10,000+ fans in Boulder. Hopefully it opens his eyes up to some changes he needs to make in the program. Seems like whenever the Gophers have played a non-major non-conference opponent they have played as vanilla offense as possible and it finally resulted in a loss after a few other close calls. Tanner Morgan also has really struggled the past two seasons after a great 2019, it is time to make a move to Zack Annexstad, Cole Kramer, or Jacob Clark at QB. The other big issue is just how conservative he gets offensively and his "tressel ball" philosophy, they need to go uptempo at times and quit worrying about draining the play clock to under 5 every play doesn't always need to be check with me offense. The last issue is two coordinators. Rob Wenger has done nothing positive in his time as special teams coordinator, only explanation he still has a job is he has to have some kind of dirt on PJ. The other is Mike Sanford as the OC, not sure he is the right man for the job. Morgan's play at QB has taken a big step back since he took over and the route combos always seem kinda weird to me and the offense has become very predictable.

They need some shock therapy this week.  If you don't trust Morgan to throw the ball, why are you starting him?  Why has the O-Line regressed SOOOO much?

Potts is a solid back but he is not Mo, so why are you using him like so?

Fleck needs to look in the mirror and make changes.  2019 is getting farther and farther away.  5-6 since beating Auburn in the Bowl game. 

13 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They need some shock therapy this week.  If you don't trust Morgan to throw the ball, why are you starting him?  Why has the O-Line regressed SOOOO much?

Potts is a solid back but he is not Mo, so why are you using him like so?

Fleck needs to look in the mirror and make changes.  2019 is getting farther and farther away.  5-6 since beating Auburn in the Bowl game. 

I'd expect a very good performance from a focused team Saturday at Purdue. If we don't see that we have problems. They will hear all week how bad they are and rightfully so after the embarrassment of yesterday and Fleck is the type of coach that will play it up and use it as motivation for the team perfectly I think.

I don't think Morgan looks like the same QB or even close to it right now. I don't think he looks confident in himself at all. I'd be excited to see a change there but I don't believe it will actually happen. Maybe we see more Cole Kramer in that package this week though.

On the OL I wonder at times if they are doing too much shifting and would just be better off playing 5 OL together regularly and mixing in the 6/7 OL formations in different situations. Right now they rotate through 6 all the time and you are seeing multiple guys playing the right and left side at different times and Andries moving from G to T as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Rolovich was the highest-paid state employee, with an annual salary of more than $3 million in a contract that runs through 2025. 

I wonder if all that is guaranteed or if he loses it if he takes another job ... say at an FCS school ... not sayin', just sayin' ... 

• 2 weeks later...

First Playoff Rankings out. Thought the committee did a pretty nice job except can't understand at all how they put Alabama at 2, that is just plain bad.

1. Georgia 2. Alabama 3. Michigan State 4. Oregon

5. Ohio State 6. Cincinnati 7. Michigan 8. Oklahoma 9. Wake Forest 10. Notre Dame

11. Oklahoma State 12. Baylor 13. Auburn 14. Texas A&M 15. BYU

16. Ole Miss 17. Mississippi State 18. Kentucky 19. NC State 20. Minnesota

21. Wisconsin 22. Iowa 23. Fresno State 24. San Diego State 25. Pittsburgh