SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Just a fun college football game atmosphere 

Wish I could've got down there for that one. Man it looked like The Bank was rocking on TV. Few press people said the press box was shaking after a couple Gopher TDs and they couldn't recall that ever happening there.  

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Iowa is a tough place to play next week. Gophers have more talent but it has been a long time since they've won down there. It will be a test.

If they get the Pig, I don't see why they won't roll into Wisco with an 11-0 record and the division wrapped up.  I don't think they lose in Evanston. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

If they get the Pig, I don't see why they won't roll into Wisco with an 11-0 record and the division wrapped up.  I don't think they lose in Evanston. 

It always seems like it is like 30mph winds, cold, and raining when the Gophers play in Evanston with about 500 people actually at the game. Weird things happen in college football but Northwestern's offense has been absolutely dreadful all year. I think Gameday would make the trip to Minneapolis for the Wisconsin game if it is a battle for the West but not sure if they still would if the Gophers have already wrapped up the division. 

5 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Best football atmosphere I've ever witnessed live.  Penn State fans were gracious and very complementary, except one guy.   

Him: "Yeah, good win today but you really didn't catch us playing very well."

Me: "Thanks!  Was great to get a big win like this against a program like Penn State."   

A college sports fans with excuses? Well, I never...

Lots of good games today.  The Gophers ended one long streaking last year when the won in Madison.  Can they end another today in Iowa City and take one giant step towards Indy?  

Does Nebraska throw the Gophers a bone and spring the upset against the Badgers?

Can the Magic continue for Baylor? 

Such a disappointing loss for the Gophers today. Played one of their worst games of the year with so many mistakes. Think the most frustrating thing to me was the defensive game plan in the 1st half to sit back and not blitz really at all against a QB that struggles against pressure. That combined with a ton of missed tackles in the 1st half led to an extremely productive 1st half for Iowa. Still had a chance to win at the end but just didn't get it done. Win at Northwestern next week and it should set up a date with wisconsin for the B1G West Championship with a pretty good chance of College Gameday coming to town then too. 

Disappointing result today for the Gophers. Almost roles reversed of last year in Wisconsin. I really think the call from Fleck to punt on 4th and 2 from the Wisconsin 35 on that 2nd drive up 7-0 changed the game. Gophers did an excellent job of containing Taylor but then it is like when Wisconsin adjusted the Gophers never did defensively. Refs really let the DBs play today which definitely hurt the Gophers. Wisconsin was missing a couple DBs and allowing the backups to grab handfuls of jersey without PI wasn't ideal. 

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Disappointing result today for the Gophers. Almost roles reversed of last year in Wisconsin. I really think the call from Fleck to punt on 4th and 2 from the Wisconsin 35 on that 2nd drive up 7-0 changed the game. Gophers did an excellent job of containing Taylor but then it is like when Wisconsin adjusted the Gophers never did defensively. Refs really let the DBs play today which definitely hurt the Gophers. Wisconsin was missing a couple DBs and allowing the backups to grab handfuls of jersey without PI wasn't ideal. 

Offense was never the same after that 400 LB Australian kid at RT got hurt and was hauled off on a cart.   Chryst and staff put on a clinic as to what in-game adjustments look like when done right.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Offense was never the same after that 400 LB Australian kid at RT got hurt and was hauled off on a cart.   Chryst and staff put on a clinic as to what in-game adjustments look like when done right.  

Yeah the loss of Faalele really hurt. They have been rotating 6 OL most of the season but coming into the Penn State game they added the wrinkle of going 6 OL at the same time which they hadn't shown previously. From the sounds of it they were gonna use that 6 OL package quite a bit today and when the injury happened it really threw off some things game plan wise.