SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, GeauxSioux said:

You are correct. I thought that was the case, but wasn't sure, so I didn't include that bit of information.

Wasn't BWW building a Ponderosa before it closed prior to BWW buying it and completely renovating the place when they moved in?

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Famous Dave's was at Artfest this weekend. Word on the street was they made an offer on the former Bucks location. The mayor also seemed to give the a shout out during the event too.

Any word when it's opening?

4 hours ago, bison73 said:

I understand there is a Wild Bills Saloon in GF. Hows the food? I guess the GF location is called Big Daddys?.

I've found it to be good bar food. Good burgers and most apps, not the best wings. It's located where Big Daddys used to be. Major improvement over Big Daddys.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I've found it to be good bar food. Good burgers and most apps, not the best wings. It's located where Big Daddys used to be. Major improvement over Big Daddys.

Thanks!

From what I understand they are going to be in the old Quaker State building in Fargo.

18 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I hadn't been there for awhile til last month, they have added a nice outdoor patio area.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a bar is gonna give the location formerly known as Arby's, Sweeto Burrito, and Padron Chile, a try.  Never been to the location in Fargo and never knew they had a location in Bismarck.  Anyone try Sickies Garage before??

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/business/4071597-sickies-garage-eyes-grand-forks-challenging-columbia-road-location

8 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Looks like a bar is gonna give the location formerly known as Arby's, Sweeto Burrito, and Padron Chile, a try.  Never been to the location in Fargo and never knew they had a location in Bismarck.  Anyone try Sickies Garage before??

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/business/4071597-sickies-garage-eyes-grand-forks-challenging-columbia-road-location

We eat at the one in Fargo almost weekly as a family.  Great food IMO........have never been disappointed in one of their burgers.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

It's a good place, but in Fargo it's in a old hooters and is more a sports bar. Hard to imagine it in such a small building. Going with a JL Beers style I guess.

Very true.  The Fargo location can easily accommodate a couple of youth hockey teams and parents and the regular meal crowd as well...not sure what to expect, other than to say the food is pretty good and reasonably priced.

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Their wings are pretty good too.  Nothing compared to the Cay obviously, but competitive with Bdubs IMO.

Sickies has way better wings than BWW IMO.

Their fried green beans are outstanding and their cheese curds are very good as well from an app standpoint.

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

2nd best burger in Fargo.