SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

And two tacos at RP are $6, not $12 like Barbacoa ;)

Honestly, I'm the same distance from Mezzaluna as I am from Barbacoa, so if they're going to be similar in price, I'll expect them to be on a similar level.  From my one visit, they're not.  I'll probably try Barbacoa next on HH so the price isn't the issue, and see how they stand up.  For now, Mezzaluna walleye tacos > Barbacoa's baracoa tacos.

• 4 weeks later...

Coming to GF this weekend for basketball/hockey, looking for a couple of interesting and good place to take kids (6&8) to eat.  Went to UND and come back once a year or so, I am familiar with the older restaurants ie: Italian Moon, Red Pepper and so on.  A couple of ideas would be great!

19 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

Coming to GF this weekend for basketball/hockey, looking for a couple of interesting and good place to take kids (6&8) to eat.  Went to UND and come back once a year or so, I am familiar with the older restaurants ie: Italian Moon, Red Pepper and so on.  A couple of ideas would be great!

I would certainly recommend Rhombus Guys, after all what kid does not enjoy pizza? Other family options include Blue Moose, Spicy Pie, and Wild Hog.  

Breakfast, hands down Darcy's Cafe! 

54 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

Thank you! I wasn't sure if kids could go to Rhombus!! I'm going to give them a try! Think will try Wild Hog too.  Thanks again.

Rhombus Pizza and Rhombus Brewery Taproom are different places.  Both are kid friendly, however the menus are completely different!  Just a heads up so you don't go to the taproom expecting pizza.

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

I would certainly recommend Rhombus Guys, after all what kid does not enjoy pizza? Other family options include Blue Moose, Spicy Pie, and Wild Hog.  

Breakfast, hands down Darcy's Cafe

If you are OK potentially waiting forever :(

If that one is overly crowded, I like the one on Gateway...forget what its called.  Think its by Simplot?

15 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

If that one is overly crowded, I like the one on Gateway...forget what its called.  Think its by Simplot?

15 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded-Yogi Berra

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I've never waited more than 15-20 minutes at Darcy's but maybe I just get lucky.  Darcy's is well worth a 30 minute wait IMO

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to go to the new brewery twice in last couple weeks but could not find a place to park  - I like the train that goes by if ur in and eating but from outside it really is too close & cuts them off for long periods of time

Wish they would have more fun beers to try fruit flavors etc. Like how Colo. does it small glasses to taste

Their food is very good

Can u park in the parking ramp right next door ? The signage is not clear

Rhombus is good. But it's more gourmet pizza and it's usually more expensive. Not everyone wants that. Some want simple pizza. If you want cheaper pizza that gets delivered I prefer Deeks to Dominos, Pizza Hut or some of the other chains. Deeks has usually ranked pretty well in those Best Pizza contests.

-1,000 Degrees Neapolitan Pizza is quite good. They make the pizza in front of you (you choose the toppings) and it only takes about two minutes to bake. It's located across from Canad Inn.

-Rhombus Guys (offers specialty pizzas with a variety of toppings and crust options)

-Spicy Pie isn't a bad option for a quick bite. It's kind of like Red Pepper, but also serves pizza.

I believe all three offer delivery and take-out

On 2/27/2016 at 1:54 PM, Fetch said:

I have tried to go to the new brewery twice in last couple weeks but could not find a place to park  - I like the train that goes by if ur in and eating but from outside it really is too close & cuts them off for long periods of time

Wish they would have more fun beers to try fruit flavors etc. Like how Colo. does it small glasses to taste

Their food is very good

Can u park in the parking ramp right next door ? The signage is not clear

I used to live in the Opera House Apartments. There is open parking in part of the ramp for people, a few spots in back on first level, more though second level. The spots that are reserved are marked. It was always a pain trying to get a spot on the side of the road when I lived there.