SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

16 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

1000 Degree Neapolitan opened.  Anybody been there?

I went there on Wednesday.  I thought it was awesome.  10" pizzas are $8 and you can get one of the specialty pizzas on the menu or get whatever toppings you want. They have a set up kind of like subway so you can go down the line and choose your toppings. They have probably a half dozen sauces, cheese and meat options and well over a dozen vegetable choices too.  I was really impressed.

21 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

I went there on Wednesday.  I thought it was awesome.  10" pizzas are $8 and you can get one of the specialty pizzas on the menu or get whatever toppings you want. They have a set up kind of like subway so you can go down the line and choose your toppings. They have probably a half dozen sauces, cheese and meat options and well over a dozen vegetable choices too.  I was really impressed.

Is that a new building?  Connected to anything else?  I haven't been on 42nd for a couple months

i actually really enjoyed my experience at 1000 degrees. I stood in line for about a hour at openings (showed up at 10:50) for the free pizza. Unlimited toppings was nice, i did BBQ sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bacon, spicy sausage, pepperoni, pineapple and mushrooms. I thought it was pretty good quality for a place that takes 2 mins to cook the pizza.

4 hours ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

Sitting in a Pie Five now in Tennessee.  Their conveyor oven is only 600 F and is ready in four minutes.  $6.99 for a 10" any and all toppings.  They are Texas based, but have sites in Omaha and the Cities now.  Fast casual pizza will be the next Chipotle concept, but there's a lot of competitors.

www.piefivepizza.com

I live next to a Casey's General Store and have recently gotten fond of their pizza. 

As an added perk, they have "Pizza to Pump" promotion. For every large pizza you order you get a coupon for 10 cents off per gallon. They don't expire til April 30th. And you get to compound them. I've got a couple of them right now. I might be getting a tank full of gas for under a $1 a gallon by April 30th (and a larger belly). :)

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

I live next to a Casey's General Store and have recently gotten fond of their pizza. 

As an added perk, they have "Pizza to Pump" promotion. For every large pizza you order you get a coupon for 10 cents off per gallon. They don't expire til April 30th. And you get to compound them. I've got a couple of them right now. I might be getting a tank full of gas for under a $1 a gallon by April 30th (and a larger belly). :)

A couple grocery stores here, like Kroger and Food City, have monthly points where every $100 in purchases is good for 10 cents /gal off a fill.  With gas just $1.52 here, it doesn't take much shopping to get gas under a $1 at least once a month.

17 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

:sad:  Fargo isn't very good, but I had always heard the original in GF was better.

Gave Fargo 3 tries.  If I'm disappointed three visits in a row, don't expect me to return.

Really?  3 bad experiences..........

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

In GF, I finally got to try the Rhombus Brewery on Friday night.  Good burger (wife loved her sandwich and soup, too), good beer, hockey was on the TV even before we sat down.  I'm likely to return to try the street tacos :)

My wife daughter & I were there Friday for 1st time & I liked it a lot - had some kind of scotch eggs EXCELLENT 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Really?  3 bad experiences..........

Yep.  Maybe I'm spoiled, but they weren't up to my expectations. I tried to rationalize with "oh, they've only been open a month" then the next time "it's really hard to get people to work in Fargo", so I went back again.  I'm done now. 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 10:12 AM, petey23 said:

In Fargo

1. Romos

2. Moe's

3. Pancheros

4. Chipolte

5. Sweeto Burrito

6. Qdoba

I know this is "In GF" but I had to post...

After reading your praise, My wife and I just tried Romo's over lunch. (its very close to home)  Very good.  Huge portions, fresh ingredients, not high on the chips but all in all, absolutely going to return.  This makes my Fargo burrito list as follows.

1 Qdoba

2. Romos

3 Moes

4 Chipotle

5 Pancheros ( never been but has to be better then Sweeto)

6 Sweeto

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Yep.  Maybe I'm spoiled, but they weren't up to my expectations. I tried to rationalize with "oh, they've only been open a month" then the next time "it's really hard to get people to work in Fargo", so I went back again.  I'm done now. 

Try Barbacoa.........outstanding.

27 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Only been there once, so far.  Good flavor, but not a great value.  Probably have to try it during happy hour when the tacos are cheaper.

You know McD's has a 2 for $2 option now.....................

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MoreSiouxForYou said:

I know this is "In GF" but I had to post...

After reading your praise, My wife and I just tried Romo's over lunch. (its very close to home)  Very good.  Huge portions, fresh ingredients, not high on the chips but all in all, absolutely going to return.  This makes my Fargo burrito list as follows.

1 Qdoba

2. Romos

3 Moes

4 Chipotle

5 Pancheros ( never been but has to be better then Sweeto)

6 Sweeto

Romo's is the best Mexican food in Fargo period......Acapulco is #2.  The others are pseudo-Mexican.......with a dash of E-Coli in some cases.