SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I say bring 'em on...Green Mill was getting stale.

It was a smart decision to sell, as that was bad publicity to overcome, even if it improved and exceeded standards.

Edit:  Crooked Pint is a sister restaurant chain, as it it listed on the Green Mill gift cards as such. Those cards will still be good at Crooked Pint.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4293289-smiling-moose-open-sandwich-shop-grand-forks

Good news for the lunch crowd in GF.

I've been to the downtown Fargo location a couple of times...never been disappointed.

Very good. The owners were pretty hands on when they opened in Fargo I believe to make sure everything was done right. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Sad, but the writing has been on the wall for a while re: Whiteys.  I think Sickies would do well in that location.

ya i never understood that place, must be a Grand Forks native thing. 

Only have been in there a couple of times during the wine walks and never once thought about it any other time. 

I am glad to see Sickies doing so well. 

37 minutes ago, northernraider said:

ya i never understood that place, must be a Grand Forks native thing. 

Only have been in there a couple of times during the wine walks and never once thought about it any other time. 

I am glad to see Sickies doing so well. 

When I came to college in the early 90's it was a pretty popular place to go.  East side in general was popular.  They still had The Antique then as well.  Post flood it has struggled. 

Here's the GF Herald article confirming the sale: http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/business/4315500-sickies-garage-take-over-whiteys

5 minutes ago, sprig said:

Both will stay open to begin with, but I'd be shocked if the Columbia Road location remained open for long. 

Hey I had an opportunity to leave that location, I would in a heartbeat.  It rivals the corner of Washington and Demers as the worst location to have a business in the Grand Forks Area. 

5 hours ago, dmksioux said:

When I came to college in the early 90's it was a pretty popular place to go.  East side in general was popular.  They still had The Antique then as well.  Post flood it has struggled. 

Here's the GF Herald article confirming the sale: http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/business/4315500-sickies-garage-take-over-whiteys

And when I came to college 20 years before that, it was a pretty popular place to go. Especially with ND closed on Sundays. Both states had a drinking age of 21 years old.

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Slightly off topic, but has anyone been to the Sickies in Sioux Falls?  It's huge!  And doing well, by all appearances.  Happy to support an ND-based business.

I really do hope the GF location sticks around.  Parking at EGF can be just as challenging.

Not on that end.  Park to south of Demers in either the riverfront lot (always open) or cabela's lot.

• Upvote 1