SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

59 minutes ago, crb1 said:

That location is cursed. I wonder who will try to take the next crack at it.  With Scheel's moved out of that strip mall I'm guessing they just don't see enough traffic to make it work.

There are spots that for some reason just are cursed (bad feng shui?).

The one I always think of is on 45th in Fargo: It was a Bennigan's, then a steak house, another steak house, something else, a Quaker Steak and Lube, and now empty ... again. 

https://www.google.com/maps/search/46.853284,+-96.861177/@46.8531023,-96.8611499,387m/data=!3m1!1e3

8 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

That location is cursed. I wonder who will try to take the next crack at it.  With Scheel's moved out of that strip mall I'm guessing they just don't see enough traffic to make it work.

That location and the old Hardee's at Washington/Demers.  People keeping burning money in that pit, too.

Anything fill that old Scheels spot yet?

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That location and the old Hardee's at Washington/Demers.  People keeping burning money in that pit, too.

Anything fill that old Scheels spot yet?

Yup, that Hardee's is at the busiest intersection in the entire city and a business can't stay open, crazy.

Nope, nothing in the Scheel's yet. Not sure what they plan to do with the space.

9 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yup, that Hardee's is at the busiest intersection in the entire city and a business can't stay open, crazy.

Nope, nothing in the Scheel's yet. Not sure what they plan to do with the space.

The only thing that might succeed at the old Hardee's location would be a bar for all the hockey players/parents curlers and regular bar people.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Probably the worst access availability I have ever seen for a business.  It was TOO CLOSE to the busiest intersection in town.

39 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There are spots that for some reason just are cursed (bad feng shui?).

The one I always think of is on 45th in Fargo: It was a Bennigan's, then a steak house, another steak house, something else, a Quaker Steak and Lube, and now empty ... again. 

https://www.google.com/maps/search/46.853284,+-96.861177/@46.8531023,-96.8611499,387m/data=!3m1!1e3

Cursed is an understatement.  Makes no sense that that location can't keep a business open for any length of time.  Bennigan's was far and away the most successful at that location to date.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

And kiddie corner to there will be a really nice coffee shop!!!

owned by the egf theatre owner...will sell caribou coffee products thru and thru but will not be called caribou coffee...kinda odd.  but the reno looks from the outside..

12 hours ago, crb1 said:

I thought we were suppose to be getting a famous daves. That has never come to fruition yet. 

... and at one point we were supposed to get a Sonic, Old Chicago, and King Leo's too.  Wonder if Pepperjax is going to find somewhere else to build in town, or just move on. 

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Finally ate at Giuseppe's over the weekend, certainly a few notches above Olive Garden and better than Mamma Maria's 

That doesn't take much.

Glad to hear though.  I'll get around to hitting it up soon.