SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

I grew up in Jamestown with Hugo's. It's fine. Lived in Fargo with hornbacher's. It's fine. A little nicer. Maybe a tad more expensive?

I go to hugos because it's closer and groceries aren't that important to me. Plus the jingle is catchy af.

At least they are de-emphasizing that annoying "Hugo Boy" mascot. That got really tiresome.

• 2 weeks later...

So Padron's is now open at the site of the former Sweeto Burrito.  Not much has changed on the inside, and the menu seems to be equally familiar.  Replaced some of Sweeto's items with an assortment of burgers.  Burrito was okay (portions seemed smaller), but I have a hard time believing that the same concept will play for these guys when it bombed so miserably for their predecessors.  Bring in a Chipotle or even a Panchero's, and I think it will do better.

So Padron's is now open at the site of the former Sweeto Burrito.  Not much has changed on the inside, and the menu seems to be equally familiar.  Replaced some of Sweeto's items with an assortment of burgers.  Burrito was okay (portions seemed smaller), but I have a hard time believing that the same concept will play for these guys when it bombed so miserably for their predecessors.  Bring in a Chipotle or even a Panchero's, and I think it will do better.

ssweeto should have been downtown. In Fargo it's very busy with the inebriated crowd. The location in Fargo didn't make much sense.

ssweeto should have been downtown. In Fargo it's very busy with the inebriated crowd. The location in Fargo didn't make much sense.

You mean the location in Grand Forks didn't make much sense?

That location just isn't a good one. (Sort of the former Hardees at South Washington/Demers ).

Arby's left and decided to build a new one. Same with Scheels. And now they are pretty close to each other again. 

Edited by Cratter

You mean the location in Grand Forks didn't make much sense?

That location just isn't a good one. (Sort of the former Hardees at South Washington/Demers ).

Arby's left and decided to build a new one. Same with Scheels. And now they are pretty close to each other again. 

yes. Pardon my error. It was not in a good location here. The Fargo one is ideal. Put it by Joe Black's and I would think it would have at least been open longer.

Edited by JohnboyND7

Romo's is the best! Holy smokes their smothered large burrito dinner is killer! It is huge with chips, salsa, and unlimited soda for around $10.  Sure beats the yuppie food from chipotle (although good). I've only eaten at the 13th Ave. location. I tell everybody about Romo's. I want them to survive and open in GF. Like JohnboyND7 said: "bring your 'A' game.

Romo's is the best! Holy smokes their smothered large burrito dinner is killer! It is huge with chips, salsa, and unlimited soda for around $10.  Sure beats the yuppie food from chipotle (although good). I've only eaten at the 13th Ave. location. I tell everybody about Romo's. I want them to survive and open in GF. Like JohnboyND7 said: "bring your 'A' game.

Had lunch their today. Outstanding as usual!

Hearing about Romos, I did so googling to try and check it out sometime.

I'm getting a Romos on Broadway and one on 13th. Seems they are connected. I assuming the 13th one is the one to check out?

Actually 3 loactions........19th Ave N. In strip mall by McD's.

I ate there the other night, I wasn't' all that impressed.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...