SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

I only have lived in one floor apartments, so I cannot speak to having multiple floors. And I have used only one fan in the 12 plex unit I lived in a few years ago and it worked marvelously. I did keep the door of the second bedroom (which I used for storage) closed, but the primary bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen were always temperate during even the hottest summer days.

Ashbury Manor condos, by the south end middle school, the loft area can get quite warm. And the wall unit in the living area doesn't really help. 

Speaking of LJS' demise (in poking around, I see that the store in Sioux Falls closed last year), it is safe to say that the fast food game has permanently changed.  Yet among the new and rising stars in the quick-serve universe (pick your list, they're all over the internet), it doesn't seem that GF is on anyone's radar.  (Heck, we didn't even get a Panera until very recently, and they were old news.)  Same for casual restaurants.  Should we even hold out hope?

Speaking of LJS' demise (in poking around, I see that the store in Sioux Falls closed last year), it is safe to say that the fast food game has permanently changed.  Yet among the new and rising stars in the quick-serve universe (pick your list, they're all over the internet), it doesn't seem that GF is on anyone's radar.  (Heck, we didn't even get a Panera until very recently, and they were old news.)  Same for casual restaurants.  Should we even hold out hope?

Fargo and Sioux Falls got Panera within a few months of Grand Forks, so I don't think that comparison has any validity. I ate at the Sioux Falls Panera when it had only been open a few months. Fargo was opening within a few weeks and Grand Forks was under construction. They moved into the region all at one time.

Here's the video of the the opening of Rhombus Brewery showing some of my best friends: the manager & the owners.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/video/4510297075001

They are nice people, the company I work for did the remodel. We had a free food and try beer party before it opened. I didn't get to eat anything but the reports from fellow employees was that it was all very good. What I did taste was some different beers, and they got an A+ from me...

• 2 weeks later...