SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Processing has many degrees, but cold cuts are loaded with a ton of salt, to hide that taste of salt......they add sugar. When they cut you a ribeye, that is processingprocessing also, but not the what I'm talking aboutabout! Hopefully people understand the difference? The process of making a terdterd is not a bad one either...

How is what I said "big brother"? Just sharing what helped me...

We have been trying to go more organic and looking for the non-GMO label.  Just watched this last night on GMOs. 

We have been trying to go more organic and looking for the non-GMO label.  Just watched this last night on GMOs. 

Us also, Monsanto's is very scary, all done in the name of profit, and people think its alright for the human body because Monsanto's tested it and said it was! 

Ive seen the video, thanks for sharing though, very scary stuff!

Grand Junction is open - I went over there last week at lunch time, but the place was packed.  I had my first Tim Horton's experience instead.

Went there yesterday and had a Hawaiin Chicken sub that was outstanding.

They only accept cash right now but will start taking cards on the 21st I believe.

GMO is BS

Not going to hurt u

& even if it does there are too many people anyway

The microflora in your gut routinely take on some of the DNA of what you eat.  Those bugs begin producing Bt in your gut, so your gut becomes an insecticide factory.  Glyphosphate inhibits trace minerals from working in enzymatic processes, which is how it kills plants.  Plants sprayed with glyphosphate have fewer trace minerals, making the food less healthy.  Probably this only effects the tiniest humans, the aged, or those chronically sick, but Monsanto and the GMO food industry won't study it.

There have been numerous reports of animals that are fed only GMO getting deathly sick.  When they are returned to non GMO, their health returns.  GMO is a real issue, but few have the science background to understand it.  Health depends on the microflora in our gut, and medicine doesn't understand it well.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2565-gm-crop-dna-found-in-human-gut-bugs/

Work for Monsanto or the Ag industry?  My relatives that are in Ag hate any talk about GMO, even though their kids are sick all the time.

Yep.  I love talk about biotechnological advances that have transformed the science of feeding the world.  Oh, and you have no idea how the shikimate pathway works, and it's glyphosate, not glyphosphate.

• Upvote 1

Yep.  I love talk about biotechnological advances that have transformed the science of feeding the world.  Oh, and you have no idea how the shikimate pathway works, and it's glyphosate, not glyphosphate.

So tell us how the shikimate pathway works and swear that the GMO industry isn't harming us.  Remember, Monsanto comes down hard on Ag professors and grad students that don't tow their line by withdrawing grants and discrediting them, but tell the truth as you are anonymous here.

Edited by SiouxVolley

So tell us how the shikimate pathway works and swear that the GMO industry isn't harming us.

Like pinkie swear?  For full disclosure, I'm not doing this off memory, but I do have a pretty decent background in biochemistry so I have a pretty good understanding of it.  Basically the shikimate pathway produces essential aromatic acids, not minerals.  Minerals would be things like Ca, Mg, Fe, etc., which a plant gets from the soil.  Plants, some bacteria, algae, and some fungi contain this pathway.  Animals do not.  Plants that are glyphosate-resistant have a gene inserted into them that is native to a soil bacterium.  The plant metabolizes glyphosate before the herbicide can kill it.  If you're really interested in the process, here's a good link from PNAS http://www.pnas.org/content/103/35/13010.full

Can I absolutely guarantee 100% eating food that has been produced from some genetic transformation process will not be harmful?  I guess not.  Nothing in life is 100%.  Can you absolute swear the organic industry isn't harming us?  Probably not.  However, I feel very good about the science behind these biotechnological innovations and think it's sound.  I also believe organic food activists are out to destroy the best food-producing system the world has ever seen.  Is it perfect?  No.  We have real problems with childhood obesity and nutrition, but going after GMO's is not going to change any of that.

• Upvote 1

Like pinkie swear?  For full disclosure, I'm not doing this off memory, but I do have a pretty decent background in biochemistry so I have a pretty good understanding of it.  Basically the shikimate pathway produces essential aromatic acids, not minerals.  Minerals would be things like Ca, Mg, Fe, etc., which a plant gets from the soil.  Plants, some bacteria, algae, and some fungi contain this pathway.  Animals do not.  Plants that are glyphosate-resistant have a gene inserted into them that is native to a soil bacterium.  The plant metabolizes glyphosate before the herbicide can kill it.  If you're really interested in the process, here's a good link from PNAS http://www.pnas.org/content/103/35/13010.full

Can I absolutely guarantee 100% eating food that has been produced from some genetic transformation process will not be harmful?  I guess not.  Nothing in life is 100%.  Can you absolute swear the organic industry isn't harming us?  Probably not.  However, I feel very good about the science behind these biotechnological innovations and think it's sound.  I also believe organic food activists are out to destroy the best food-producing system the world has ever seen.  Is it perfect?  No.  We have real problems with childhood obesity and nutrition, but going after GMO's is not going to change any of that.

Organic food advocates just want labeling requirements.  Organic soybeans and corn go for two to three times the price.  Guess that's antifarmer in your book.  

There was a study at MIT that glyphosate was a major contributor of autism, which has markedly increased since GMO'S were introduced.  Sacrificing a few children is all right in your book I guess if that what the Ag industry wants.

http://www.naturalnews.com/049065_glyphosate_autism_gmos.html

Organic food advocates just want labeling requirements.  Organic soybeans and corn go for two to three times the price.  Guess that's antifarmer in your book.  

There was a study at MIT that glyphosate was a major contributor of autism, which has markedly increased since GMO'S were introduced.  Sacrificing a few children is all right in your book I guess if that what the Ag industry wants.

http://www.naturalnews.com/049065_glyphosate_autism_gmos.html

I thought vaccines were responsible for the increase in autism? I'm getting all my conspiracies confused. 

I thought vaccines were responsible for the increase in autism? I'm getting all my conspiracies confused. 

Her research is saying glyphosate damages the microflora in the gut, making toxins in vaccines like mercury and aluminum even more toxic.  Glyphosate and  vaccines act synergistically to  make autism more prevalent.  To test that theory, Europe has banned GMO products and does not see the rates of autism that the US does, where it is becoming epidemic.  The MIT professor projects that 50% of US kids will be autistic at the age of 5 in 2025.  Land grant universities are so dependent on the GMO industry that they won't study GMO food effects, as they are focused on more food production, not health.  MIT is not a land grant.

The medical practice where I go advises his clients to only eat non GMO food.  A ton of autistic kids go there, and all of them have been improved on organic (non GMO) foods.  

UK autism rates steady, but USA rates steadily increase.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/16/rate-of-autism-rises-in-us-hits-plateau-in-uk/?page=all

Edited by SiouxVolley

You and AG scientists fixate on how the shikimate process does not harm human cells, but you overlook that humans need gut bioflora to be healthy and even live.  Glycosate kills gut bioflora as it does to bacteria outside the human gut.  Vitamins gets synthesized in the gut and glyphosate wipes out those organisms.  In addition, glycosate is a chelateR of critical minerals such as manganese, which is needed for many enzyme functions.

The land grant universities have been abject failures in preventing a US food disaster.  This is one field that Europe is much more sophisticated.  Bad gut flora lead to bad health, and US land grant schools do no recognize that simple truth.

No you have it completely backwards.

It's Jenny McCarthy that's responsible for autism...or is it the man on the grassy knoll?

Either way, it was definitely the fake moon landing that proved 9/11 was an inside job...

You and AG scientists fixate on how the shikimate process does not harm human cells, but you overlook that humans need gut bioflora to be healthy and even live.  Glycosate kills gut bioflora as it does to bacteria outside the human gut.  Vitamins gets synthesized in the gut and glyphosate wipes out those organisms.  In addition, glycosate is a chelateR of critical minerals such as manganese, which is needed for many enzyme functions.

The land grant universities have been abject failures in preventing a US food disaster.  This is one field that Europe is much more sophisticated.  Bad gut flora lead to bad health, and US land grant schools do no recognize that simple truth.

Glyphosate does not kill gut bacteria in the ridiculously miniscule amounts that may be on food consumed by humans. The only vitamin synthesized in the gut is K, all others must be consumed in food or are synthesized elsewhere.  Glyphosate is a very weak chelater, much weaker than citric acid.  Should we quit eating fruits too.  There is no U.S. food disaster.  Like I said, our country has produced, by far, the best food system this world has ever known.  When balancing availability, cost, and nutrition no country can even come close.

• Upvote 1

Another big myth shoved down the throats of the American public is the "benefits" of organic foods.  

A study done by Stanford Medicine in the fall of 2012 revealed little to no benefit in organic vs non organic are far as nutritional value goes .

• Upvote 1

Another big myth shoved down the throats of the American public is the "benefits" of organic foods.  

A study done by Stanford Medicine in the fall of 2012 revealed little to no benefit in organic vs non organic are far as nutritional value goes .

There are three types of food:

Organic

Conventional non-GMO

GMO

Conventiona and organic do not affect a healthy body much differently.

GMO causes many diseases long term.