SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

There are three types of food:

Organic

Conventional non-GMO

GMO

Conventiona and organic do not affect a healthy body much differently.

GMO causes many diseases long term.

Exactly, they only study the benefit differences,which aren't much, other than to make more money, they wont study or talk about the harm of GMO! This stuff is so wrong I can't believe people defend it, unless you stand to lose millions if the truth gets out! 

Glyphosate does not kill gut bacteria in the ridiculously miniscule amounts that may be on food consumed by humans. The only vitamin synthesized in the gut is K, all others must be consumed in food or are synthesized elsewhere.  Glyphosate is a very weak chelater, much weaker than citric acid.  Should we quit eating fruits too.  There is no U.S. food disaster.  Like I said, our country has produced, by far, the best food system this world has ever known.  When balancing availability, cost, and nutrition no country can even come close.

Glyphosate was originally patented as a chelator and later was investigated as an antibiotic.  Are you honestly going to compare citric acid, which is in the Krebs cycle, to glyphosate.  That is practically criminal.  

Adult bodies have an average of six pounds of bioflora, and only recent medical advances have even revealed how important those bugs are too our health.  One strain is even responsible for lean and healthy bodies.

There's 22 diseases that nearly have an exact correlation with the rise of GMOs.  Europe isnt seeing the rapid fall off of adult health but we are.  Why is that?

http://www.foodrenegade.com/link-between-roundup-ready-gmos-disease/

The alternative world has been pushing probiotics for a reason, and they are not full of it.

Edited by SiouxVolley

Glyphosate was originally patented as a chelator and later was investigated as an antibiotic.  Are you honestly going to compare citric acid, which is in the Krebs cycle, to glyphosate.  That is practically criminal.  

Ar adult bodies have an average of six pounds of bioflora, and only recent medical advances have even revealed how important those bugs are too our health.  One strain is even responsible for lean and healthy bodies.

There's 22 diseases that nearly have an exact correlation with the rise of GMOs.  Europe isnt seeing the rapid fall off of adult health but we are.  Why is that?

http://www.foodrenegade.com/link-between-roundup-ready-gmos-disease/

I cite PNAS, you cite something called foodrenegade.com.  This is why I will never be convinced.  Science is on my side.  But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.  You'll eat what you want to eat.  I'll eat what I want to eat.  But your side will never win, because the consequences would be too devestating.

What research/proof are you 2 using?  I'm actually curious.  And don't show me correlation, as the correlation also exists with color tv and microwaves.

As I stated earlier, there are a bunch of autistic kids that conventional medicine didn't know what to do with that have been going to the alternative practioner that I go to in Johnson City.  All of them show dramatic improvement in three months if they are strict in only eating non GMO food and taking probiotics and certain brain and gut supplements.  Their behavior change is dramatically improved.  That clinic is the go to place for people that conventional medicine makes worse with treatments or simply doesn't have a clue.  Even Alzheimers patients are helped.

Most adults there have major problems with gluten too, as GMOS cause problems with the gut like Crohns, colitis, and leaky gut syndrome.  The rise of gluten intolerant people also correlates with GMOs.  Gluten intolerance used to be rare, but now it's widespread.

Edited by SiouxVolley

The microflora in your gut routinely take on some of the DNA of what you eat.  Those bugs begin producing Bt in your gut, so your gut becomes an insecticide factory.  Glyphosphate inhibits trace minerals from working in enzymatic processes, which is how it kills plants.  Plants sprayed with glyphosphate have fewer trace minerals, making the food less healthy.  Probably this only effects the tiniest humans, the aged, or those chronically sick, but Monsanto and the GMO food industry won't study it.

There have been numerous reports of animals that are fed only GMO getting deathly sick.  When they are returned to non GMO, their health returns.  GMO is a real issue, but few have the science background to understand it.  Health depends on the microflora in our gut, and medicine doesn't understand it well.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2565-gm-crop-dna-found-in-human-gut-bugs/

Oops, guess not.  Seriously, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3479986/

• Upvote 1

Oops, guess not.  Seriously, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3479986/

JUST another research paper by land grant U's justifying GMOS as a good researcher at the temple of Monsanto.  No one there would dare publish something that would make the GMO industry angry, as that person would be out of a job and lose a career.

The author even acknowledged other work has shown mineral deficiencies in other work,  but that is discounted.

People are the fish in the barrel fed sh@t, not shot.  Europe has GMOs rightly pegged.  WE have a right not to be guinea pigs.

When I can name literally hundreds of people that have drastically improved health when they stopped eating GMOs, that means nothing to you and other Ag people.  

Edited by SiouxVolley

You found something to support your side off the web, big deal.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/05/20/glyphosate-roundup-levels.aspx

You can believe what you want, just like me. All I know is I avoid GMO for me and my family. Usually when you have a study that shows GMO's are not harmful you can follow the money, in what I have read anyway.

JUST another research paper by land grant U's justifying GMOS as a good researcher at the temple of Monsanto.  No one there would dare publish something that would make the GMO industry angry, as that person would be out of a job and lose a career.

The author even acknowledged other work has shown mineral deficiencies in other work,  but that is discounted.

People are the fish in the barrel fed sh@t, not shot.  Europe has GMOs rightly pegged.  WE have a right not to be guinea pigs.

When I can name literally hundreds of people that have drastically improved health when they stopped eating GMOs, that means nothing to you and other Ag people.  

you make the internet so much fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it over to Grand Junction Subs on 42nd -- definitely a worthwhile addition.

I suspect they're still working out some of the kinks, and the grill minders appear to be learning the process…service was slow and chaotic at times.  But it was the height of the lunch rush.  There appeared to be plenty of seating, and prices weren't too bad.  All in all, a good value for the money paid.

Give 'em a try if you haven't already.

• Upvote 1

Finally made it over to Grand Junction Subs on 42nd -- definitely a worthwhile addition.

I suspect they're still working out some of the kinks, and the grill minders appear to be learning the process…service was slow and chaotic at times.  But it was the height of the lunch rush.  There appeared to be plenty of seating, and prices weren't too bad.  All in all, a good value for the money paid.

Give 'em a try if you haven't already.

I've ate there twice already (should only in moderation) but it's super tasty. I thought there staff was great. Go there at lunch or dinner time and the line is out the door and they do their best to keep up...it can't be easy.

Going forward, if they can maintain quality staff and a manager on hand they'll do well. I will be returning for sure. I missed it. Quality and prices are fine. You can't get a sub like that anywhere else. 

Edited by SiouxForever

Grand Junction

HELL yeah!  Wife and I went there last wednesday...the decor is minimalist and weak - concrete floors, simple booths and a micro-font menu nailed 10 feet overhead but the sandwich?   AWESOME!   Simple Chicken Junction with onions and mushrooms.  I snarfed a footlong and wanted to take one to go but they were busy - REAL busy with college people and a mix of older locals.   Bottom line the food was GREAT!   Spread the word and go there - this is the opposite of SweetoBurrito - the food is actually  GOOD!

So Cardinal Point (south end luxury aparments) they've had their up and downs but are making progress. The problem I have is they'll be overpriced and for a luxury aparment,  the building does not support central air? Anyone else notice all the AC units on the exterior.

That seems like a bonehead move.

Thoughts?

So Cardinal Point (south end luxury aparments) they've had their up and downs but are making progress. The problem I have is they'll be overpriced and for a luxury aparment,  the building does not support central air? Anyone else notice all the AC units on the exterior.

That seems like a bonehead move.

Thoughts?

Yeah, looks like about $1k for a 1 BR... in Grand Forks.  Wow, never thought I'd see that happen.  Although everything south of town seems to be overpriced right now.

Yeah, looks like about $1k for a 1 BR... in Grand Forks.  Wow, never thought I'd see that happen.  Although everything south of town seems to be overpriced right now.

You really aren't paying $1,000/month for the living space; you are paying for all the bells and whistles they put into those buildings (swimming pools, well-maintained lawns and green space, etc). The good thing is that these new buildings are adding more capacity to the market and it is making older, but still well-managed and maintained apartments more affordable and available to people that can't and/or don't want to pay outrageous rents. Personally, I have put down a deposit for an apartment on the south end near Hugo's and Carmike that was built in 1993, is in good shape and is reasonably priced. I don't think that would have been possible even 5 years ago.