SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

To me they are just looking to play soft teams to pad their stats to ensure they make the tournament every year. We all know Minnesota doesn't like to leave their home rink so they are going to schedule as many cupcakes at home as possible.

BC and Notre Dame are cupcakes?

BC and Notre Dame are cupcakes?

Regardless of how Notre Dame is doing this year they aren't what I would call a powerhouse. BC has had great success in the last 10 yrs or so. So yeah a majority of teams you will schedule will be of the cupcake nature and you won't leave MSP if at all possible.

Regardless of how Notre Dame is doing this year they aren't what I would call a powerhouse. BC has had great success in the last 10 yrs or so. So yeah a majority of teams you will schedule will be of the cupcake nature and you won't leave MSP if at all possible.

They're only playing Notre Dame because Lucia's kid is on the team. Let's be real here.

Definitely not a powerhouse team. Solid and competitive, but no powerhouse. There are about 5 powerhouse teams in college hockey. Maybe 6. And Notre Dame is not one of them.

• Upvote 1

@UNDMHockey: With his 5-point weekend, Danny Kristo is now tied with Yale's Andrew Miller as the top active NCAA DI scorer. Both have 121 career points.

Amazing how the college game has changed. Greg Johnson scored 272 points and played for three of his four years with D Ward, who scored 219 points and 110 goals, and for at least one year with Lee Davidson, who scored 202 points.

Also amazing that during those years I don't think the Sioux even made the tourney more than once or twice--though I might be wrong. Blame Hak. :)

They're only playing Notre Dame because Lucia's kid is on the team. Let's be real here.

Definitely not a powerhouse team. Solid and competitive, but no powerhouse. There are about 5 powerhouse teams in college hockey. Maybe 6. And Notre Dame is not one of them.

tDon also played there...

Just looking at the current WCHA standings, and UND certainly has a brutal WCHA schedule this year.

Using the current standings, UND only has one series each with the bottom 6 teams (UAA, BSU, UMD, UW, MSUM, and MTU). Ouch.

Couple rough series in a row with CC and DU back to back. UND doesn't normally play great in the Springs, and DU is tearing it up to start the season. I think a 2-2 record in those 4 games might be realistic, especially until UND can figure out this Saturday thing.

Just looking at the current WCHA standings, and UND certainly has a brutal WCHA schedule this year.

Using the current standings, UND only has one series each with the bottom 6 teams (UAA, BSU, UMD, UW, MSUM, and MTU). Ouch.

Couple rough series in a row with CC and DU back to back. UND doesn't normally play great in the Springs, and DU is tearing it up to start the season. I think a 2-2 record in those 4 games might be realistic, especially until UND can figure out this Saturday thing.

I think that is realistic, I wish UND was playing DU this weekend.

North Dakota finds itself in 11th place in the Pairwise rankings after the split; Colorado College is 19th.

Other WCHA squads in the top 20: Denver (3rd), Minnesota (10th), St. Cloud State (15th), Nebraska-Omaha (17th).

Or if you are a believer in KRACH, UND is 13th (194.5) and CC is 20th (137.1).

Dave

It's an interesting measure of how close the teams are, that's about it. And fwiw, I wish the committee would use it instead of the Pairwise, for too many reasons to list here.

Dave

I agree, we've talked about that on here before and I think a lot of people, if not most, think that would be a better indicator for the postseason.

Interesting tweet from Gleason. Wow

@GleasonJ020: Here's an Edinasty powerhouse fact for everyone. After this weekend I will have played against all my high school teammates here's the list.

@GleasonJ020: Gaarder- UND, lee- ND, Budish-MN, Brehm- DU, Taft-CC, Everson-Harvard, Max Everson- Harvard, fogarty-ND, baker- holy cross. But no Reber-Dar

Interesting tweet from Gleason. Wow

@GleasonJ020: Here's an Edinasty powerhouse fact for everyone. After this weekend I will have played against all my high school teammates here's the list.

@GleasonJ020: Gaarder- UND, lee- ND, Budish-MN, Brehm- DU, Taft-CC, Everson-Harvard, Max Everson- Harvard, fogarty-ND, baker- holy cross. But no Reber-Dar

I take it that team dominated for a few years?

I'm not going to lie. Watching Anders and company lose to Moorhead in the state tournament made me smile.....all that hype.....all they had to do was show up and of course they'd win their first round game.

I'm glad the Edinasty waited a year to win the state championship. :whistling:

I'm not going to lie. Watching Anders and company lose to Moorhead in the state tournament made me smile.....all that hype.....all they had to do was show up and of course they'd win their first round game.

I'm glad the Edinasty waited a year to win the state championship. :whistling:

Made me smile, too. Then again, I went to high school in Moorhead.

If I am not mistaken I think Gaarder played on the same line as Anders Lee.

Marshall Everson as well. If I remember correctly, Zach Budish was out his whole senior year. What is crazy is that some of these from that team guys aren't just college fill-ins, they are impact players at the NCAA level. Budish and Everson are very good players, Lee is obviously elite in the NCAA. Gleason and Gaarder are solid as well.

awfully early for the PWR. Clearly our losing record against the CCHA hurts. We wanted DU to beat Yale too. Win the Final Five and punch an auto ticket. That has to be the goal right now.

I don't even see them making the final 5 the way they're playing right now. Hopefully they start doing some big time meshing soon!