SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Watch through the end credits, funny clip in there

Totally off topic but have you ever noticed how many people bolt from a theater after a movie and 20 seconds later the outtakes start and half the time they're better than the movie was? Gotta be the first one out though I guess.

Back on topic.

Sports Illustrated - University of North Dakota hockey is quite an experience

...in a state with no professional sports teams, and one spectacular college team... playing in the most beautiful hockey arena in the world...

I passed into the gleaming come of the (formerly) Fighting Sioux: The Ralph: the site of the greatest show, I'd been led to believe, that a hockey junkie could find.

I had not been misled.

Then he [Coach Hakstol] allowed himself a half-smile and walked away with the confident demeanor of a man who could name his hockey job -- but with a recent contract extension, playing in the epicenter of the game, had already found the one he wanted.

Jonathan Yardley (ESPN) - Essay: This is Hockey Country

Last weekend, Yardley was in Fargo to do play-by-play for ESPN3 (Bison football) and decided to make a trip to Grand Forks to catch a UND hockey game

I was gradually swept up by all of it, especially the tense frenzy of the third period, with North Dakota clinging to a 4-3 lead.

...I found my own fist flying upward to join the emphatic release of tension and celebration of the sport.

But even without a nickname, these fans are anything but rudderless. They know who they are, and they are proud of it: This is hockey country.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere:

RDS(french-language TSN) video on Kristo from their trip to GF -- http://www.rds.ca/zo...&videoID=116594

I don't know French, but towards the end of the video they were discussing whether or not Danny is a "problem player", thanks to a little Google Translate. I'm guessing at least a portion of the video discussed the previous incidents Kristo was involved in.

• 4 weeks later...

@UNDSID: Corban Knight's point streak is at 17 games. Last UND player with a longer one was Dixon Ward (18) in 1990-91, the year Corban was born.

@UNDSID: UND record is 27 games by Steve Johnson in 1987-88. RT @mhagen616: @UNDSID what is the record point streak? #knightforhobey

• 2 weeks later...

Closest regional this year is in Grand Rapids, MI. Hardly even close to WCHA territory. That's the "West" Regional. Midwest regional is in Toledo, OH.

How does this work in the eyes of the NCAA? Just gross. I know schools/locations have to bid these things, and they usually aren't much of a money maker, if at all, but wow.