SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Some good stuff

@UNDMHockey: Danny Kristo has 148 career points, seven more than any other active NCAA Division I men's player. Also leads nation with 60 career goals.

@UNDMHockey: Kristo's 148 career points tie him with Jim Cahoon (1969-73) and Neil Eisenhut (1987-91) for 24th on UND's all-time scoring list.

With a month or so to go the national scoring race is really heating up.

North Dakota and St Lawrence have 2 horses in the race. Scsu and UNO 1 each. All 4 of teams have 6 regular season games plus playoffs. Two sleepers could be Guadreau and Haula as their teams each have 8 games left plus playoffs

http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/division-i-men/2012-2013/

Not sure where else to post this. I'm stuck in Grand Forks today with my son. Does anybody know what time the Sioux hockey team practices, and is it possible to sneak in and watch them?

Their practices are usually closed to the public.

Schlossman posted the TENTATIVE 2013-14 schedule on his blog:

Oct. 5 — Exhibition vs. Canadian school TBA

Oct. 11-12 — VERMONT

Oct. 18-19 — at Miami

Oct. 26 — U.S. UNDER-18 (exhibition)

Nov. 1-2 — ST. CLOUD STATE

Nov. 8-9 — at Nebraska Omaha

Nov. 15-16 — DULUTH

Nov. 22-23 — at Boston University

Nov. 29-30 — ST. LAWRENCE

Dec. 6-7 — at Western Michigan

Dec. 13-14 — NORTHERN MICHIGAN

Jan. 10-11 — COLORADO COLLEGE

Jan. 17-18 — at Bemidji State/BEMIDJI STATE

Jan. 24-25 — at Denver

Feb. 7-8 — NEBRASKA OMAHA

Feb. 14-15 — MIAMI

Feb. 21-22 — at Duluth

Feb. 28-March 1 — at St. Cloud State

March 7-8 — WESTERN MICHIGAN

March 14-15 — First round NCHC playoffs

March 21-22 — NCHC tournament (Minneapolis)

March 28-30 — NCAA regionals (Bridgeport, Conn.; Worcester, Mass.; Cincinnati; St. Paul)

April 10-12 — NCAA Frozen Four (Philadelphia)

He noted that UND might be planning to play an exhibition game in British Columbia in January 2014.

2 ex games is more than enough. 3 doesn't make sense at all. Weak non conf besides BU but that may help out next years team depending on the roster. Weak home schedule with no DU. Cant remember a worse home schedule without a team you plan a trip to the ralph around. ouch....Just win if that's the case. No room for bad losses on this schedule.

I understand the first ex game to get feel for the Ralph with fans and for the players to get some game action in. Could they do without? Probably but not happening.

The USA game has its own benefits. recruiting ect...it doesn't hurt playing against some of the best out there of that USA age group and exposing the Ralph to players/families

Not sure why they would bother witha potential ex game in Vancouver in January. Great for some exposure and fun for a few Canuck recruits we have I suppose. Can't see people racing to the rink in western Canada for a ex game with UND and another crappy Canadian univ und will demolish.

Schlossman posted the TENTATIVE 2013-14 schedule on his blog:

Oct. 5 — Exhibition vs. Canadian school TBA

Oct. 11-12 — VERMONT

Oct. 18-19 — at Miami

Oct. 26 — U.S. UNDER-18 (exhibition)

Nov. 1-2 — ST. CLOUD STATE

Nov. 8-9 — at Nebraska Omaha

Nov. 15-16 — DULUTH

Nov. 22-23 — at Boston University

Nov. 29-30 — ST. LAWRENCE

Dec. 6-7 — at Western Michigan

Dec. 13-14 — NORTHERN MICHIGAN

Jan. 10-11 — COLORADO COLLEGE

Jan. 17-18 — at Bemidji State/BEMIDJI STATE

Jan. 24-25 — at Denver

Feb. 7-8 — NEBRASKA OMAHA

Feb. 14-15 — MIAMI

Feb. 21-22 — at Duluth

Feb. 28-March 1 — at St. Cloud State

March 7-8 — WESTERN MICHIGAN

March 14-15 — First round NCHC playoffs

March 21-22 — NCHC tournament (Minneapolis)

March 28-30 — NCAA regionals (Bridgeport, Conn.; Worcester, Mass.; Cincinnati; St. Paul)

April 10-12 — NCAA Frozen Four (Philadelphia)

He noted that UND might be planning to play an exhibition game in British Columbia in January 2014.

This deserves its own thread. What a horrible schedule. What is the point of an 8-team conference if you don't play everyone four times and develop some rivalries? I missed the memo on this if it was previously disclosed, but I can't believe there are only 24 conference games. Not playing Denver at home is BRUTAL.

When did we pull out of the Florida Holiday Classic? I was looking forward to that trip.

Does anyone know how many games can be scheduled in a season? This year I think they're at 36 and next year it's only 34 but I don't know if that's because of the Alaska rule or not. I agree I was looking forward to making the trek to Florida. There's quite the gap from Northern Michigan to CC so hopefully it's reserved for the Florida Classic.

Does anyone know how many games can be scheduled in a season? This year I think they're at 36 and next year it's only 34 but I don't know if that's because of the Alaska rule or not. I agree I was looking forward to making the trek to Florida. There's quite the gap from Northern Michigan to CC so hopefully it's reserved for the Florida Classic.

From UNDHockeyblog:

Also of note, UND is currently working on scheduling a couple of exhibition games against Canadian schools in British Columbia, probably Vancouver, in early January.

The home slate isn't that great looking.... No Minny, Wisco, Denver.... even no big names like Notre Dame coming in.

Has to be the first time since the Ralph opened I didn't see a home series that popped out conf or not. It's awesome to have Miami in conf but Denver is the weekend many look forward to, especially next year. Please NO exh games in Canada unless its vs a major junior team ;) save the annual beat down of Manitoba for pre season.

This deserves its own thread. What a horrible schedule. What is the point of an 8-team conference if you don't play everyone four times and develop some rivalries? I missed the memo on this if it was previously disclosed, but I can't believe there are only 24 conference games. Not playing Denver at home is BRUTAL.

Ok...but Miami and Western are on the home schedule. The rivalry with Denver is already established. How is having Miami and Western on the home schedule hot helping us develop rivalries with the new teams in the conference?

Miami and Western at this point stand to be two of the better teams in the conference based on how they've fared in recent history. I'm kind of excited to see these teams, actually.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, there are definitely some fun teams coming. Just because they aren't the premier names in college hockey doesn't mean there aren't any fun weekends to look forward to.

Miami is going to become one of our more fun rivals on the ice, as they play a very similar style to us...fast and physical with a bunch of skill. I wouldn't mind seeing Vermont in here as well as Northern Michigan (our 1980 title game opponent).

Would have been nice to replace either Vermont, St. Lawrence, or N. Michigan with a big name, and it hurts a little not having Denver the first year after losing the B1G schools, but...new conference, new schools, new rivalries... let's enjoy seeing some new faces this year.