SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Let us not forget how fortunate we are to have memories of guys like Bochenski, Parise, Toews, Trupp, SPIRKO!, Hrkac, Hangsleben, Purpur, Iwabuchi, and on and on. Dead gohpers, dead badgers, and guys on bicycles on the ice.

Dirty.

Great post...but do not forget Archibald...ever...

Two Saturdays in a row, the first two Saturdays of the season, where the team looks far different between Friday and Saturday. And we've seen this in the past.

So, what changes, what goes on, between the final horn Friday and the opening puck drop Saturday.

(That's a rhetorical question to the lads. I'm pretty sure of the answer and I know they read this forum. Let's see if they're man enough to grow up and fix their behaviours. It pisses me off to not see them consistently perform to their maximum abilities.)

• Upvote 2

Two Saturdays in a row, the first two Saturdays of the season, where the team looks far different between Friday and Saturday. And we've seen this in the past.

So, what changes, what goes on, between the final horn Friday and the opening puck drop Saturday.

(That's a rhetorical question to the lads. I'm pretty sure of the answer and I know they read this forum. Let's see if they're man enough to grow up and fix their behaviours. It pisses me off to not see them consistently perform to their maximum abilities.)

I agree that there is a difference between friday and saturday night in the Ralph. Not good, not good at all.

Where does this stuff get started? Move along, folks. Trust me.

• Upvote 3

I know its the first "full" weekend but what the heck happened? The only player on the ice on Saturday that seemed to want it more was Rocco, everyone else seemed a little flat-footed. I don't know what goes on during the week but it gets frustrating watching top end talent not play to their level each night.

I know its the first "full" weekend but what the heck happened? The only player on the ice on Saturday that seemed to want it more was Rocco, everyone else seemed a little flat-footed. I don't know what goes on during the week but it gets frustrating watching top end talent not play to their level each night.

Your eyes do not deceive you. They were not as crisp and a step slower on Saturday.

If they got "fat and lazy", too satisfied with themselves, convinced themselves they could just show up and win, from an easy Friday win, they need to man up and fix that.

If it's something else, they need to man up and fix that.

This great first night, poor second night habit needs to be stopped now.

"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." -- Vince Lombardi

You do realize that the same inconsistency has gone on every year in the first half under Hakstol, minus Frattin's Senior season. You also should remember that the Sioux are "THE" most consistent team in the second half of the season. Yes, it's frustrating that there isn't more consistency throughout the season, especially in this new era where you could have too much ground to make up in the pairwise with so many teams involved, but if I had my druthers, I would rather be more consistent in the second half of the season. Sounds to me like some of you are part of the "Fire Hakstol" crowd.

You do realize that the same inconsistency has gone on every year in the first half under Hakstol, minus Frattin's Senior season. You also should remember that the Sioux are "THE" most consistent team in the second half of the season. Yes, it's frustrating that there isn't more consistency throughout the season, especially in this new era where you could have too much ground to make up in the pairwise with so many teams involved, but if I had my druthers, I would rather be more consistent in the second half of the season. Sounds to me like some of you are part of the "Fire Hakstol" crowd.

I'm not apart of the "Fire Hakstol" crowd, I just want to see some consistency each night. If we crush BU this Friday and turn in a crappy performance on Saturday and lose (or tie) that hurts us in the Pairwise, which in turn makes it that much harder later in the season. Why not take care of business right away instead of worrying about where we are come playoff time.

• Upvote 1

Last weekend was the first "real" weekend for this team. I was more than happy last week with the development they showed on Friday from the ealier games I have seen. Certainly Saturday wasn't as good but was that more because of us or them? I don't know that but I do know that it is stil OCTOBER and getting better is a process.

If they handed out trophies in October UMtc would have like a billion of them! :whistling:

I'm not a part of the "Fire Hakstol" crowd, I just want to see some consistency each night. If we crush BU this Friday and turn in a crappy performance on Saturday and lose (or tie) that hurts us in the Pairwise, which in turn makes it that much harder later in the season. Why not take care of business right away instead of worrying about where we are come playoff time.

This.

Your eyes do not deceive you. They were not as crisp and a step slower on Saturday.

If they got "fat and lazy", too satisfied with themselves, convinced themselves they could just show up and win, from an easy Friday win, they need to man up and fix that.

If it's something else, they need to man up and fix that.

This great first night, poor second night habit needs to be stopped now.

"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." -- Vince Lombardi

While it is true that past Sioux teams have had the Sat. night blues, It is early and this team is deep. I have a feeling that they just got a little tripped up in their process of team development. I am not worried. When Kristo gets in his stride I think he is going to absolutely light it up. And Rocco, I don't even know what to think of him. I just hope we get BC in the national Semi's and we can throw a Rocco at their goalie for some sweet Pepsi Center revenge!

• Upvote 1

While it is true that past Sioux teams have had the Sat. night blues, It is early and this team is deep. I have a feeling that they just got a little tripped up in their process of team development. I am not worried. When Kristo gets in his stride I think he is going to absolutely light it up. And Rocco, I don't even know what to think of him. I just hope we get BC in the national Semi's and we can throw a Rocco at their goalie for some sweet Pepsi Center revenge!

The difference between BC players and Sioux players is.....BC players play consistent on both nights! It shouldn't take Kristo a few weeks to "find" his stride, he should already have it. Look at BC's players and how they started out last year, they came out of the gate swinging. They won both nights by a lot and if they lost they would come back the following night and put a beat down on them. So for us to beat a team like BC, we need to be at the top of our game every night.

Idalski said that if they don't beat Clarkson this weekend they will have a tough time getting to the national tourney this year. It seems to me that he is reminding his players that consistency is the key to victory.

The difference between BC players and Sioux players is.....BC players play consistent on both nights! It shouldn't take Kristo a few weeks to "find" his stride, he should already have it. Look at BC's players and how they started out last year, they came out of the gate swinging. They won both nights by a lot and if they lost they would come back the following night and put a beat down on them. So for us to beat a team like BC, we need to be at the top of our game every night.

Idalski said that if they don't beat Clarkson this weekend they will have a tough time getting to the national tourney this year. It seems to me that he is reminding his players that consistency is the key to victory.

Yep ....they strarted out on a roll.....did you notice the long stretch from nov 5 to jan 21...not exactly consistent!

While it is true that past Sioux teams have had the Sat. night blues, It is early and this team is deep.

That statement too is a nasty echo from past seasons.

Let's fix it early and have the problem be which of the top four PWR seeds they'll get, not if they'll get in the tournament via PWR.

not terrible either....when you lose ONLY 9 GAMES in a season, I'd say you are a pretty consistent team!

4 more losses makes you inconsistent....come on!! Besides all nine of their losses came before Jan 21....so at that point they had a very inconsistent year....which proves it isnt how you start its how you finish.

That statement too is a nasty echo from past seasons.

Let's fix it early and have the problem be which of the top four PWR seeds they'll get, not if they'll get in the tournament via PWR.

If it is as big as a problem as you say,

4 more losses makes you inconsistent....come on!! Besides all nine of their losses came before Jan 21....so at that point they had a very inconsistent year....which proves it isnt how you start its how you finish.

They definitely need to be better than around .500 before Christmas in this new era of parity, but Hakstol's system of building is hopefully going to prevent UND from peaking at the wrong time. Yes, they haven't won it all under Hakstol, but the fact that we are expecting it every year shows they are heading in the right direction at that time of year. Remember, with our very limited lineup last year we still had a better seed in the NCAA tournament than Minnesota, it just didn't help that we had to face them again in the regional down there.

Speaking of consistency, this excerpt is from Sclossman's series preview

UND coach Dave Hakstol said he hopes to see more consistency out of his team, which has outscored its opponents 9-1 on Friday nights, but is 0-1-1 on Saturday nights in this young season.

“We’re going to try to worry about our game,” Hakstol said. “We have to attack our consistency. We have to be better from night to night and better throughout 60 minutes.

its not looking that good for us

we need some saturday w's

I say we double-shift the the fourth line from here on out. Keep the top three lines fresher for next year. Let Tate get the rest of the starts. UNLESS, for some reason, this team can start over-achieving and back their way into a spot in the NCAA's. You know what...now that I think about it - I guess we might still have a chance. Nevermind.