San Jose State University  
United States Air Force Academy AAC
University of Nevada, Las Vegas  
University of Nevada, Reno  
University of New Mexico  
University of Wyoming  
Utah State University  

Not much left..

i still think states like Wisconsin and Wyoming got it right back in the day that it isn't either allowed or constituionally isn't allowed for a Wisconisn State or Wyoming State....instead of adding more cost for athletics and splitting academics

North Dakota needs to do this:  1 Flagship UND and all the rest are major based 2 year colleges....ag, law enforcement, teaching, forestry...............

54 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

That is such a dumb move by those two schools.  The MWC is just as good or better than the AAC post them getting gutted by the Big 12.

Oh, I agree - I don't understand the motive for Colorado State or Air Force.  People talk about the money differences between AAC and MWC.  But, I believe those media contracts have a "subject to change" clause which is going to materially change the current numbers for AAC to be more in line with the MWC or even lower.  I really don't understand it and the only school that is in really in play for the Big 12 right now is Boise State.  I can see Colorado State, San Diego State and UNLV being seriously considered in the near future for P5 conference.  But for right now the MWC is the best option IMO.

Also, UND needs to seriously look into what it would cost to expand the Alerus center in the South end zone to get capacity up to at least 15k.  If the MWC collapses and if schools in the new WAC or ASUN are able to transition to FBS, UND can't be flat footed if Big Sky and MVFC teams start looking to make moves.  I would really like to see a Dakotas/Montanas/Wyoming FBS conference in the future, and I think it is possible given how much shake up we have seen in the FBS recently.  I'm talking longer term.  An FBS move could help to potentially lure UNI/Illinois State/Missouri State away from the MVC as well.  I'm talking years ahead.  At some point the MVC football and non football teams are going to split.  It's inevitable.

Summit teams need to look out for themselves as well.  Any of their teams look at football only for other conferences, backfill them with someone else.  Stop making it easy for teams to continue to leave.  The MVFC and Summit league are in the same offices correct? 

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Also, UND needs to seriously look into what it would cost to expand the Alerus center in the South end zone to get capacity up to at least 15k.  If the MWC collapses and if schools in the new WAC or ASUN are able to transition to FBS, UND can't be flat footed if Big Sky and MVFC teams start looking to make moves.  I would really like to see a Dakotas/Montanas/Wyoming FBS conference in the future, and I think it is possible given how much shake up we have seen in the FBS recently.  I'm talking longer term.  An FBS move could help to potentially lure UNI/Illinois State/Missouri State away from the MVC as well.  I'm talking years ahead.  At some point the MVC football and non football teams are going to split.  It's inevitable.

We can’t even fill it now other then ndsu and Montana come to town

On 9/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:
@MattNorlander
Can confirm @Brett_McMurphy reporting in that Colorado St + Air Force are heavily involved in talks to leave the MW, join the AAC. Brett reporting it's "likely next week." Source tells CBS: "Getting closer, not across the line yet." Clear desire for the AAC to add more than two.

Looks like Air Force and Colorado State came to their senses and told the AAC "thanks, but no thanks".

1 hour ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

North Dakota

North Dakota State

South Dakota 

South Dakota State

Montana

Montana State 

Idaho

Idaho State

Boise State 

Wyoming

a man can dream :D

North Dakota

North Dakota State

South Dakota 

South Dakota State

Montana

Montana State 

Southern Ill 

Mo State

Illinois State 

UNI

Idaho, NMSU, EWU, Weber, Cal Davis, Cal Poly could all be options too

would be more likely, but some of these teams already struggle for funding. Boise and WY would not leave the MWC