The Sicatoka

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Here is what the schools make in the G5:

AAC- 7 million *pre-realignment 
MWC- 4 million

MAC- 700k

CUSA- 400k

Sun Belt- 400k

the MWC is near the top if not the top after the best AAC schools left. Why would any MWC school leave for another G5 conference????? Not going to happen . P5 or bust

AAC - $7 million pre-realignment and that is going to drop like a stone

Read an article that the Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma was looking at between $12-15 million per school per year.  Those two schools contributed over 50% of the value of the media deal to the Bog 12.  Take them away and add 4 schools from that $7 million conference and they'll be lucky to hit $15 million per school payout.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Read an article that the Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma was looking at between $12-15 million per school per year.  Those two schools contributed over 50% of the value of the media deal to the Bog 12.  Take them away and add 4 schools from that $7 million conference and they'll be lucky to hit $15 million per school payout.

Half of the MWC money is from Boise being in the conference. They are desperately trying to leave the conference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

I would rate the Big 12 the top G conference.  Don't kid yourself, when this all shakes out the Big 12 will not be recognized as a Power conference because they added four G5 schools.  When that Big 12 TV contract gets renegotiated they are looking at a serious reduction in revenue.  That was already going to happen and was the impetus for Texas and OU to leave the Big 12.  The Big 12 wanted to start negotiations and ESPN said no.  Then OU and UT got a peak at what the numbers were going to look like from ESPN if they stayed in the Big 12 and that made the decision to bolt to the SEC that easy.

There will be 4 Power conferences and 6 G6 conferences left when the dust settles.  The MWC schools would be wise to just hold together for now.

You are correct that the Big 12 TV deal may not be as nice as SEC or Big 10.  But, if performance on the field is maintained.  They will be a P5 Conference in terms of playoffs participation.

Big 10 and SEC are driving all of this..  the PAC 12 (has not lost a school yet and added Colorado), ACC (gained Notre Dame, but lost Rutgers and Maryland to Big10) and Big12 (lost OU, Texas, Nebraska, Missouri and Colorado).  Those 3 conferences are at the mercy of the Big10/SEC.  Right now the Big 10 has called for a truce and formed a very weak alliance with little definition.  So, I don't see much difference between the bottom three in terms of controlling their own destiny for the P-5 right now. 

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

Agree AAC is going to drop like a rock..  and the Big 12 will get hit various articles are saying it will be around $20 million per school for primary and each school will still have the Tier 2 or 3 packages.  So, there is going to be a clear difference between AAC and Big 12.  The Big 12 will not be near the numbers being discussed for the Big 10 and SEC.  But, the Pac 10 and ACC are not going to be close either.

Even if they’ll certainly fall short of the current $28 million per school rate when the new TV deal is negotiated for 2025, a new one that comes in around $20 million per with all members being equal contributors to that total could wind up being a better situation for all involved; including TV partners.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:01 PM, UND1983 said:

Half of the MWC money is from Boise being in the conference. They are desperately trying to leave the conference.

Is it really??? Half of 45 million per year would be 22.5 million just for Boise St? With a number like that they would already been invited into the Big 12……

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

mwc looking at north texas, rice,utsa....

I hear they say if they are looking for success on the field they point to NDSU. They asked Larsen about the MWC and he said no comment. In the past he has flat out said he has not been contacted. They may be some truth to their interest in NDSU.

6 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is it really??? Half of 45 million per year would be 22.5 million just for Boise St? With a number like that they would already been invited into the Big 12……

Boise is a relatively small media market.  Big 12 made moves to get larger media markets.  The strength of the Boise program wasn't that big of a factor.  

I think the FargoDome limits NDSU's ability to move to FBS.  Imagine this, NDSU would be transitioning from D2 to D1 FCS to D1 FBS without any facility upgrade whatsoever.  I just don't think that 30 year old, 19,000 capacity seat, non-expandable stadium screams FBS.  Build a new stadium and then they would be a good add, but will the citizens of Fargo vote for their taxes to build NDSU a new stadium?  Or can NDSU build their own on-campus stadium?

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I hear they say if they are looking for success on the field they point to NDSU. They asked Larsen about the MWC and he said no comment. In the past he has flat out said he has not been contacted. They may be some truth to their interest in NDSU.

If they want to go let them go’

what is the buyout to,leave?

I would think Montana would be a better location for the MWC

most conferences want peer institutions based on academics not athletics, how do they stack up there?

if they do move on I would hope it’s for all sports

Just now, Kab said:

If they want to go let them go’

what is the buyout to,leave?

I would think Montana would be a better location for the MWC

most conferences want peer institutions based on academics not athletics, how do they stack up there?

if they do move on I would hope it’s for all sports

Why would MVFC members who are members of the Summit league want to keep them in the Summit if they leave the football conference for a football only invite.  Let them figure the other sports out.  

• Like 1

@MattNorlander
Can confirm @Brett_McMurphy reporting in that Colorado St + Air Force are heavily involved in talks to leave the MW, join the AAC. Brett reporting it's "likely next week." Source tells CBS: "Getting closer, not across the line yet." Clear desire for the AAC to add more than two.