SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

18 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

The Fargo dome size of stadium means getting nonconference game against major FBS program is not going to happen they will be left with bringing in FCS opponents and also guaranteeing  them money to play how is that going to help for increase budget of moving to FBS. The dream of being major player at FBS level is that a dream they will not be playing for national championships best will be playing for conference championship at one lesser FBS conferences and chance at one lesser bowl during christmas to New Years time frame. There will be no home playoff games like they have now with FCS and chance to play weekly until Christmas one big reasons it had become so popular with people in North Dakota gave them something to follow at the end of the year. I can't see them building a new stadium on short run all players to get funding done for the project are fighting budget battles now them selves like Fargo with flood control project, State with budget short falls from less oil revenues, and NDSU lack of funding research and enrollment declines. I may be wrong but Fargo is not ready to move up even though they like to think big but resources are not in place to make this move now and may take another 10 to 20 years growth to get to where they will have resources to make this move. 

just let them think they are big time.....just let them be........

they are the mount union of d2

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

If this pans out for those 3 conferences is huges.  Blu ts SEC from grabbing another team or two.  Weakens SEC on other sports by less votes.  Mostly kills big 12.

Conversley it could get the SEC to work with the Big 12 and Group of 5.  Lots of intrigue and politics to play out. 

On 7/29/2021 at 7:03 AM, Bison Dan said:

Increased season ticket holders from 12500 to 13200 - 200 season tickets left.  Do you know how dumb you sound bitching about a waiting list?  By the way how's the hawkers doing for tickets?  Don't know why MWC contacted Larson if that was true.  Our game in 23 with EWU at US Bank Stadium will draw 40-50K something you guys only dream about.  Things going back to normal in Fargo -  how about you guys?

On 7/29/2021 at 9:12 AM, jdub27 said:

So yes or no on an over/under for NDSU sellouts this year? With your confidence, I assume we can set the line at 5.5 games.

Single game tickets went on sale in Fargo yesterday. Based on current available inventory, I don't think Simple Dan will be taking the over on number of sellouts.

42 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Single game tickets went on sale in Fargo yesterday. Based on current available inventory, I don't think Simple Dan will be taking the over on number of sellouts.

Talk about simple - Here you go smacking Bison ticket sales when they're light years ahead of yours.  How are the hawkers ticket sales going?  Crickets  - How many sell out have you had in the last 10 years?   

27 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Talk about simple - Here you go smacking Bison ticket sales when they're light years ahead of yours.  How are the hawkers ticket sales going?  Crickets  - How many sell out have you had in the last 10 years?   

Again, UND's ticket sales have zero to do with this. I know staying on topic can be hard for you but if you want to have a separate discussion about that, let's finish this one first.
I clearly stated NDSU is in an enviable position in regards to most of the sub-division but interest is without a doubt dwindling. You're the one parading around here and claiming that it is still stronger than ever. Actual evidence clearly states otherwise. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

he's just pointing out the fact that rats are the first to jump off a sinking ship....and they probably the ones that couldn't correctly get the conference quiz right 

what conference is ndac fb in?

1.  mwc

2. big 12

2. mvc

4. mvfc

26 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Again, UND's ticket sales have zero to do with this. I know staying on topic can be hard for you but if you want to have a separate discussion about that, let's finish this one first.
I clearly stated NDSU is in an enviable position in regards to most of the sub-division but interest is without a doubt dwindling. You're the one parading around here and claiming that it is still stronger than ever. Actual evidence clearly states otherwise. 

Pretty sure all fan bases will suffer this year.  The Bison are a victim of their own success as most fans want new and higher (FBS) teams to play.  

37 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Pretty sure all fan bases will suffer this year.  The Bison are a victim of their own success as most fans want new and higher (FBS) teams to play.  

I hate to say it but I actually agree with dan

games get boring when your team blows out the other team by half

much more fun at a bar watching it 

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

so all of sudden bizon fans are sick of beating up the incarnate word and wofford?  go figure!

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so all of sudden bizon fans are sick of beating up the incarnate word and wofford?  go figure!

UIW was a good choice for you to use; Wofford, not so much. In the DI era, Wofford has had a better scoring ratio against NDSU than UND has. Wofford has been outscored 3.3 to 1 (2 games), while UND has been outscored 3.7 to 1 (3 games).

I would have gone with UIW, Butler, Mississippi Valley State, and Robert Morris. Those have been nothing but beatdowns.

Carry on.

13 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

UIW was a good choice for you to use; Wofford, not so much. In the DI era, Wofford has had a better scoring ratio against NDSU than UND has. Wofford has been outscored 3.3 to 1 (2 games), while UND has been outscored 3.7 to 1 (3 games).

I would have gone with UIW, Butler, Mississippi Valley State, and Robert Morris. Those have been nothing but beatdowns.

Carry on.

What does UND have to do with his comment?  Carry on....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Honestly I have felt the same way about UND hockey and their success. None of the individual games during the  season mean much when all the fans are expecting a playoff run to a championship. Anything less than a national championship is not considered a success. It’s a plague of UND hockey and NDSU football. This comes as interest in UND football is at an all time high for the D1 era. 

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Honestly I have felt the same way about UND hockey and their success. None of the individual games during the  season mean much when all the fans are expecting a playoff run to a championship. Anything less than a national championship is not considered a success. It’s a plague of UND hockey and NDSU football. This comes as interest in UND football is at an all time high for the D1 era. 

Agree fully with this. Pretty obvious going to the REA that some of the shine has worn off.

Our simple friend from the south was arguing a few weeks back that fan interest is still sky high. It is nowhere near what it was. He admitted as much today.

On 8/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, Bison Dan said:

The Bison are a victim of their own success as most fans want new and higher (FBS) teams to play.  

There's a delicate balance there. 

Better competition risks losing dominance and fans tend to be "bandwagon" and don't show up for average or losing teams.