South Dakota State

Montana

Montana State 

Southern Ill 

Mo State

Illinois State 

UNI

Idaho, NMSU, EWU, Weber, Cal Davis, Cal Poly could all be options too

would be more likely, but some of these teams already struggle for funding. Boise and WY would not leave the MWC

Wouldn’t mind this. Have a hard time thinking the Montana’s want to go to Iowa and Illinois. 

North Dakota

North Dakota State

South Dakota 

South Dakota State

Montana

Montana State 

Idaho

Idaho State

St Thomas

Northern Iowa

[Weber instead of UNI, but they would need a travel partner. Wyoming could work, but Sioux>Bison is correct, they won’t leave the MWC.

7 hours ago, zonadub said:

North Dakota

North Dakota State

South Dakota 

South Dakota State

Montana

Montana State 

Idaho

Idaho State

St Thomas

Northern Iowa

[Weber instead of UNI, but they would need a travel partner. Wyoming could work, but Sioux>Bison is correct, they won’t leave the MWC.

Unless Idaho State upgrades their dome I really wouldn’t want them in FBS

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 2:55 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think they are aau....

Rice is presently Conference USA. The AAC isn't much more prestigious. That's why Rice surprises me, unless it's to get back in a conference with U of Houston ... but wait ... Houston is headed for Big XII in 2023. Is this AAC trying to stay relevant in the Houston TV market (uh, no). 

The AAC pulls all SIX new members from the current C-USA

Already leaving AAC: UCF, Cincy, Houston

AAC remnants: East Carol, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, Wichita St

Six from C-USA to AAC: UAB, FAU, UNC-Char, UNT, Rice, UTSA

C-USA remnants (8): FIU, LA Tech, Marshall, MTSU, Old Dominion, USoMiss, UTEP, WKU. <-- Who will those eight go after? Footprint says ... 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Rice is presently Conference USA. The AAC isn't much more prestigious. That's why Rice surprises me, unless it's to get back in a conference with U of Houston ... but wait ... Houston is headed for Big XII in 2023. Is this AAC trying to stay relevant in the Houston TV market (uh, no). 

That is exactly why they went after Rice after reading that summary on them. I don’t think the AAC is no longer as prestigious as they once were but they still think they are the top P6….. they may have brought in some big enrollment schools but no way that is going to make the conference as exciting as they once were…..

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The AAC pulls all SIX new members from the current C-USA

Already leaving AAC: UCF, Cincy, Houston

AAC remnants: East Carol, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, Wichita St

Six from C-USA to AAC: UAB, FAU, UNC-Char, UNT, Rice, UTSA

C-USA remnants (8): FIU, LA Tech, Marshall, MTSU, Old Dominion, USoMiss, UTEP, WKU. <-- Who will those eight go after? Footprint says ... 

notice how the AAC only went after Conference USA schools and no Sunbelt teams? CUSA will have to try to steal from the Sunbelt or take in some FCS teams . Question is if any of the Sunbelt teams want to leave. Maybe the Sunbelt will absorb some remaining CUSA teams but that leaves many schools without a home. 

1 minute ago, Sioux&gt;Bison said:

CUSA will have to try to steal from the Sunbelt or take in some FCS teams. 

Or the converse: The Sun Belt could pick apart the remaining C-USA bones, namely SoMiss, Marshall, and ODU. 

C-USA remnants (8): FIU, LA Tech, Marshall, MTSU, Old Dominion, USoMiss, UTEP, WKU.

39 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not buyin' MSU-Mankato making a moooo-ove.
Not at all. 

What say you @bale31

I dont buy it. I don't know any inside info, but I would be very surprised. They did a study less than 10 years ago and decided to stay d2. Add to that, the university president is less than 6 months into his tenure. That would be a very quick to make that big of a financial move. I could be wrong, but I think right now they are happy being a very big fish in a small pond.

Does the Sun Belt gutting C-USA open the door for a Northern Division, and would the Dakota 4 be interested in pursuing it, perhaps with Northern Iowa and Missouri State or maybe the Montanas.

CUSA North

UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, UNI, MoSt (or Montana/Montana St. if interested)

CUSA South

UTEP, New Mexico St., La. Tech, FIU, (MTSU & WKU if they stay, otherwise perhaps Liberty or FCS moveups)

On 10/21/2021 at 11:33 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Or the converse: The Sun Belt could pick apart the remaining C-USA bones, namely SoMiss, Marshall, and ODU. 

C-USA remnants (8): FIU, LA Tech, Marshall, MTSU, Old Dominion, USoMiss, UTEP, WKU.

Sounds like they will be offered as soon as next week. (ODU, JMU, Marshall and So Miss)