SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4754933-Joel-Janatuinen-opens-up-on-health-issues-last-season-It-was-so-crushing

Excellent article on Joel Janatuinen and all of the health issues he struggled with while at UND. Sucks that he couldn't have remained healthy as he could have had a big impact on the team. Glad he is feeling better now.

8 hours ago, WiSioux said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4754933-Joel-Janatuinen-opens-up-on-health-issues-last-season-It-was-so-crushing

Excellent article on Joel Janatuinen and all of the health issues he struggled with while at UND. Sucks that he couldn't have remained healthy as he could have had a big impact on the team. Glad he is feeling better now.

Patented Schlossman "finding causality from nothing" implying that JJ's absense played a role in Gardner's goal drought. Glad he's feeling better though. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Geez, Mike.......how do you really feel about him?

There are two sides to every story, and I guess those two know what went on between them, but this doesn't make Commodore look that great himself.  By the way getting what he deserved is millions upon millions. 

25 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

The feud (Commodore's side) has it's own WIkipedia section:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Commodore#Feud_with_Mike_Babcock

The fact that he blames him for ending his career when he was traded and given an opportunity with another team seems a little convenient to me.  It's not like Commodore was a superstar or anything.  

• Upvote 1

If anyone here listens to the Spittin' Chiclets podcast on Barstool Sports, yesterday's podcast they had on Chris Chelios.  He tells a brief story about how he chose Wisconsin.  He had committed to UND along with Jim Archibald - both of them played juniors in Moose Jaw together.  He said at the last minute Gino signed James Patrick, who played in Prince Albert.  Chelios said that he always wanted to beat James Patrick so when that happened, Gino tore up his letter of commitment and he went to his 2nd choice, Wisconsin.  Interesting story.

• Upvote 2

On 12/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, Ray77 said:

If anyone here listens to the Spittin' Chiclets podcast on Barstool Sports, yesterday's podcast they had on Chris Chelios.  He tells a brief story about how he chose Wisconsin.  He had committed to UND along with Jim Archibald - both of them played juniors in Moose Jaw together.  He said at the last minute Gino signed James Patrick, who played in Prince Albert.  Chelios said that he always wanted to beat James Patrick so when that happened, Gino tore up his letter of commitment and he went to his 2nd choice, Wisconsin.  Interesting story.

Great story and awesome podcast! They had Scott Darling on for the second time a few weeks back. He wished in hindsight maybe he should have chosen North Dakota over Maine. That would have been interesting if he was at UND.  He got the boot at Maine in his day, I believe. 

So Brad S. reports that the 2015-16 team with 11 players having played an NHL game is second only to the 1981-82 team with 12.

Whether Cam Johnson would ever get a shot to see actual game action is questionable in my opinion.  But I do have an outside candidate from the '15-16 team who could be the 12th.

Chris Wilkie.

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

So Brad S. reports that the 2015-16 team with 11 players having played an NHL game is second only to the 1981-82 team with 12.

Whether Cam Johnson would ever get a shot to see actual game action is questionable in my opinion.  But I do have an outside candidate from the '15-16 team who could be the 12th.

Chris Wilkie.

WIlkie and Thompson are both still young enough to have an outside chance of getting a few games.

I looked up the 81-82 team and initially thought that there were 13 ex-NHLers.  I forgot that Cary Eades didn't get in an NHL game.