Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The guys on NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM were talking about how they were surprised that NHL teams would let their players play in this league and were more surprised that there are UFAs and RFAs playing (risking injury without a contract). 

I saw a couple games last year. There's not much defense but plenty of offensive action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Siouxperior said:

I saw a couple games last year. There's not much defense but plenty of offensive action.

Not sure if it was Stellick, or Simmer, or Kouleas, but as one of them said, "You can lose an edge in a no contact game." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The guys on NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM were talking about how they were surprised that NHL teams would let their players play in this league and were more surprised that there are UFAs and RFAs playing (risking injury without a contract). 

its literally a non contact scrimmage.

For charity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The guys on NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM were talking about how they were surprised that NHL teams would let their players play in this league and were more surprised that there are UFAs and RFAs playing (risking injury without a contract). 

Do the NHL network radio guys think that the players just sit at home all summer and do nothing? I would assume that all kinds of pick up games with no hitting are being played all summer long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cary Eades twitter posts pop up every once in a while in my feed.

Just a general observation - he sure likes posting picture of himself with his shirt off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Cary Eades twitter posts pop up every once in a while in my feed.

Just a general observation - he sure likes posting picture of himself with his shirt off.

Coming soon is this photo

download.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 9:13 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

its literally a non contact scrimmage.

For charity.

 

On 7/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Not sure if it was Stellick, or Simmer, or Kouleas, but as one of them said, "You can lose an edge in a no contact game." 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Coming soon is this photo

download.jpg

Putin ... Eades ... 

Both maniacal driven leaders
Both with five letter last names
Both like shirtless photo ops
...

Separated at birth? :huh:  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 3:18 PM, Benny Baker said:

R.I.P. Greg Johnson.  One of the greatest to ever wear a Fighting Sioux jersey, and an even greater person.

Our thoughts and sympathies are with your family.

Literally just heard this news...an absolute joy to watch on the ice during my time at UND.  Just an incredible talent.  So sad to hear this news.  

Thanks for the memories, #9.  God bless you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SI article that Johnson committed suicide.  Horribly sad and happens way too often.

If you need help call the national suicide prevention lifeline.  1-800-273-8255

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smoggy said:

SI article that Johnson committed suicide.  Horribly sad and happens way too often.

If you need help call the national suicide prevention lifeline.  1-800-273-8255

 

I had heard this the day of his death and I'm amazed it took so long to actually get out. I wonder if this will be another case of CTE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 10:25 PM, Smoggy said:

SI article that Johnson committed suicide.  Horribly sad and happens way too often.

If you need help call the national suicide prevention lifeline.  1-800-273-8255

 

Adding pain to pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...