SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

On 10/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Heres hoping, for him, that he can be snatched by Seattle and head back toward home.

Vancouver did him dirty.

They didn't do him dirty, they just ran out of salary. If Vancouver offered him a contract he would've had to given them a discount and he is worth more than what they were going to offer and they knew it.

55 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

They didn't do him dirty, they just ran out of salary. If Vancouver offered him a contract he would've had to given them a discount and he is worth more than what they were going to offer and they knew it.

I have to check but I believe they have already spent more for less in return. I may have read that worng thou... so many tweets and signings.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I have to check but I believe they have already spent more for less in return. I may have read that worng thou... so many tweets and signings.

Sounds to me like he took $1.7 per year to play for Detroit.  He was making $2.3 in Vancouver.  I'm assuming those were both quoted in US dollars, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, he got a job with a good organization, although they've been down for awhile.  

On 10/12/2020 at 10:30 AM, dden3 said:

Sounds to me like he took $1.7 per year to play for Detroit.  He was making $2.3 in Vancouver.  I'm assuming those were both quoted in US dollars, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, he got a job with a good organization, although they've been down for awhile.  

Canadian teams pay in US dollars. 

1 hour ago, dden3 said:

Jost signs minimum one year contract to return to Avs. Forecast in the Denver Post is that he will have to fight for a spot on the 4th line. Trade value is about a bag of pucks and a few sticks. 

That's one early departure from UND that still stings.  Precipitated the two-year NCAA drought.  Not blaming him, but somebody needs to be a poster boy to get kids to stay.

The NHL Network guys during the "draft talking heads fill time spaces" talked about how Cale Makar made the smart move and played an extra year of college and how Tyson Jost made a poor decision by not staying in college and developing one more year. 

I don't know what was more shocking: that NHL Network guys said you can develop in college or that they said staying in college another year is worth it as far as development. 

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The NHL Network guys during the "draft talking heads fill time spaces" talked about how Cale Makar made the smart move and played an extra year of college and how Tyson Jost made a poor decision by not staying in college and developing one more year. 

I don't know what was more shocking: that NHL Network guys said you can develop in college or that they said staying in college another year is worth it as far as development. 

Time will tell on Jost. He's playing on a deep Avs team, he won't get any bottom role minutes. In addition, his trade value isn't much. I am sure he loves Colorado and his teammates but he could use a new team and scenery. Kid could be playing in the AHL in two years, yikes! 

53 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

That's one early departure from UND that still stings.  Precipitated the two-year NCAA drought.  Not blaming him, but somebody needs to be a poster boy to get kids to stay.

been tons of those guys over the years...wonder what the story is behind the scenes...grades, the allure of a smallish contract, homesickness...would love to had jost around a little longer.

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

been tons of those guys over the years...wonder what the story is behind the scenes...grades, the allure of a smallish contract, homesickness...would love to had jost around a little longer.

I thought Jost was raised by his mother without his father in the picture. Trying to take care of his family was the main reason he left early if I recall correctly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes I saw that as well and have said all along Jost left too early and that is basically what the analysts were saying. Button even went as far as saying the NHL can chew you up and spit you out in no time and basically said that is what you are seeing with Jost. I never would have expected this after watching him for an entire year in Grand Forks. 

15 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I thought Jost was raised by his mother without his father in the picture. Trying to take care of his family was the main reason he left early if I recall correctly.

Unfortunately, I fear in his rush to do that he hurt his long-term ability to do it. 

No way to know it now, but I believe another year at UND would have put him in position of ten to twelve years of one-way NHL contracts. 

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Unfortunately, I fear in his rush to do that he hurt his long-term ability to do it. 

No way to know it now, but I believe another year at UND would have put him in position of ten to twelve years of one-way NHL contracts. 

I have to respect him for trying to take care of the people that helped him get to where he is. I hope it all works out in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 3:56 PM, The Sicatoka said:

And somewhere @MafiaMan smiles ...

Dear Santa,

Hi, I am 50 years old and have been a good boy this year.  I would like a Kunlun Red Star McIntyre #50 jersey for Christmas, size 48 please.  Oh, and red.  No, wait, white.  Oh, just surprise me.    

Thank you!  

MafiaMan

• Upvote 1