SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

10 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Short contract allowing the Wild to pay way too much for him in a few years. Well played Brock!

I’d love for the Wild to sign him in 3 years. Just nothing over 5 years though. Still pissed they didn’t draft him. He was right in their backyard 

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

You and everyone else in the upper Midwest. The short contract feels like a signal to the Wild that he wants to sign there next.

Follow the salary cap and you will see that Vancouver has little to no cap space. I am sure he wouldn't mind signing with the Wild but Vancouver isn't letting him go. 

Rhett Gardner sent down

Jordan Schmaltz sent down.

Gersich also sent down on cut day.

Not the best year for Alumni making their teams out of camp.

Poganski still about the only bubble with a shot to make the team and make his NHL debut.

Poolman looks locked into the NHL to start though.

Looks like Montreal has waived former SCSU goalie Charlie Lindgren

I think that Paul needs a change of scenery. Schloss suggested Winnipeg on Twitter. I wouldn't mind that. 

LaDue, a 2012 sixth round pick in the NHL Draft, spent three seasons at the University of North Dakota before making his professional debut in the 2016-17 season. He split his first two seasons between the Kings and the Reign. He spent the entirety of the 2018-19 season with the Kings, recording five points over 33 games.

While LaDue has fit in well at the AHL level, he’s yet to catch on in the NHL, with Darryl Sutter, John Stevens, and Willie Desjardins all passing by him for other players. Although he was at one point thought of as nearly untouchable in a trade situation, many other promising young defensemen brought into the Kings system have leapfrogged over LaDue.

If LaDue clears waivers, he will join a crowded blue line in Ontario where he will be competing for ice time with some of those same young players who have bumped him down the depth chart.