SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Greg Johnson, Chad Johnson, Scott Dub, Marty Schriner, and Scott Brower all gone far too early.  I feel like I am missing a few as well.  Really makes you realize how short life can be.  My heart goes out to all their families for such early losses.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, burd said:

I was back at UND for most of his time here.   Not only great talent, but a class act all around. 

I remember Gino talking about him as a person and player, and saying something along the lines of wishing he had a daughter that Greg could get married to because he was that great of a person.  

RIP, much too young....always too young. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Siouxperior said:

Da Beauty League kicks off at Braemar Arena in Edina tomorrow. Bunch of alum playing. Boeser, Gardner, Gersich, Thompson. 

$10 gets you in the door for 3 games, proceeds to charity.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaBeautyLeague

The guys on NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM were talking about how they were surprised that NHL teams would let their players play in this league and were more surprised that there are UFAs and RFAs playing (risking injury without a contract). 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The guys on NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM were talking about how they were surprised that NHL teams would let their players play in this league and were more surprised that there are UFAs and RFAs playing (risking injury without a contract). 

I saw a couple games last year. There's not much defense but plenty of offensive action.

43 minutes ago, Siouxperior said:

I saw a couple games last year. There's not much defense but plenty of offensive action.

Not sure if it was Stellick, or Simmer, or Kouleas, but as one of them said, "You can lose an edge in a no contact game." 

11 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

its literally a non contact scrimmage.

For charity.

16 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Do the NHL network radio guys think that the players just sit at home all summer and do nothing? I would assume that all kinds of pick up games with no hitting are being played all summer long. 

On 7/10/2019 at 9:13 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

its literally a non contact scrimmage.

For charity.

On 7/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Not sure if it was Stellick, or Simmer, or Kouleas, but as one of them said, "You can lose an edge in a no contact game." 

On 7/10/2019 at 3:18 PM, Benny Baker said:

R.I.P. Greg Johnson.  One of the greatest to ever wear a Fighting Sioux jersey, and an even greater person.

Our thoughts and sympathies are with your family.

Literally just heard this news...an absolute joy to watch on the ice during my time at UND.  Just an incredible talent.  So sad to hear this news.  

Thanks for the memories, #9.  God bless you.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Smoggy said:

SI article that Johnson committed suicide.  Horribly sad and happens way too often.

If you need help call the national suicide prevention lifeline.  1-800-273-8255

I had heard this the day of his death and I'm amazed it took so long to actually get out. I wonder if this will be another case of CTE?