SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

The other thing UND has over the Bison is tailgating.

Talked with 3 SU young ladies as we waited in line for the Porta Potty (why can't they bring in more??) and they told me it's so much better than at SU. Just more kids involved and better atmosphere.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, shep said:

Talked with 3 SU young ladies as we waited in line for the Porta Potty (why can't they bring in more??) and they told me it's so much better than at SU. Just more kids involved and better atmosphere.

And by more porta pottys, you mean a minimum of 25-30 more.

• Upvote 2

Rewatching the game had some good moments, like every time the O had the ball in the 2nd half.

But D MUST get to the QB and tackle him because when they miss the sack it ends up with a 20 to 40 yard gain.

Minus the CJ INT, Miller was really good.

13 hours ago, shep said:

If this is true, that is great to hear. I haven't been to a UND tailgating since probably 2007 or 2008, and back in 03 and 04 my only experience was marching through tailgating with the band.

I have been to some Bison tailgating since, probably 4 or 5 years ago, and I was always really impressed. Tons of people and great setups; Not going to knock them for their tailgating. I'd really like to see Brookings tailgating someday and watch a game in their stadium.

14 minutes ago, shep said:

Rewatching the game had some good moments, like every time the O had the ball in the 2nd half.

But D MUST get to the QB and tackle him because when they miss the sack it ends up with a 20 to 40 yard gain.

Minus the CJ INT, Miller was really good.

Yeah, they really only had a few explosive plays in that game, and even on those plays we were a half a step from flipping the big play into a sack. Just an outstanding game by the D overall; need to keep playing like this and building on it.

13 hours ago, shep said:

I like the take but doubt it. UND has good tailgating but SDSU has great tailgating. I was at SU tailgating three years ago and it was bigger than UNDs. UNDs is still run as an afterthought.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I was at SU tailgating three years ago and it was bigger than UNDs.

Because there’s more people it’s better?
That’s an unfair take. 

I think UND tailgate does a solid job and obviously the UND/NDSU tailgate this past Saturday was superb because of the hype around the game. Need to keep growing it, and if UND keeps putting together big wins, it will. I agree UND athletic department and Alerus needs to do their part and keep enhancing the details; more vendors, more portable restrooms. Bud light station was neat. But it all comes down to hype around the team as it trickles down to the tailgate. 

21 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I like the take but doubt it. UND has good tailgating but SDSU has great tailgating. I was at SU tailgating three years ago and it was bigger than UNDs. UNDs is still run as an afterthought.

I wasn't impressed with Brookings tailgating 3 weeks ago. Nothing to write home about in comparison.  It was pretty much the same as UND and NDSU's.  

I should add that I did like giving crap to all the turncoat BozoJack fans that live along the ND/SD border and root for both Ag schools and despise UND. Horns down and "F the Bizon" shut them up fast when they are among a crowd of true Jacks fans.

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Another thought:  we physically beat the crap out of them.  They had three guys leave the game with all three probably out this week.  UND had zero injuries.  

No question, UND was the more physical team. If UND can replicate that week in and week out, watch out; but it won’t be easy. Power of belief goes a long way. Dale Lennon speaking to team on Friday night before the game just topped everything off perfectly. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I wasn't impressed with Brookings tailgating 3 weeks ago. Nothing to write home about in comparison.  It was pretty much the same as UND and NDSU's.  

I should add that I did like giving crap to all the turncoat BozoJack fans that live along the ND/SD border and root for both Ag schools and despise UND. Horns down and "F the Bizon" shut them up fast when they are among a crowd of true Jacks fans.

Well, being a Christian and a member of Rotary….I guess God protected me from going so I would not sin or do obscene gestures to strangers.

GO UND!!!!

• Like 1